Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new F70 arrived yesterday...any help apreciated

eepm1975

I received my new F70 yesterday. I live in the city limits and have power lines all around. I'm putting my time and trying to figure out the best settings to use for my area.I live in Delmar,MD.' thanks,

Good choice, I love mine. Do some forum research and read what others have already written. Do a search and you should come up with some interesting reading.
Remember you don't have to crank it way up to get good results. You will be amazed how light it feels and how long you can swing it without feeling tired. If you
pick up any of the older technology you feel like you are swinging a brick. You might also look at some of the videos on line at Utube, etc. I watched a lot before
I got mine and it seemed like it helped.
Let us know how you are getting along.

HH, Don

thanks,I can't seem to find a lot of videos for the F70 .There are more on the F75 ,but I wish there was more,and more indepth. I am really impressed with the features though atleast on paper.I'll let you know how I do in the feild.thanks

Best advice I can offer without you asking anything specific, is to start with your sens and threshold low (it's still go 6"+ deep even with the lowest settings) so the machine is the most stable and you can focus on learning the tones. Iffy signals tend to be junk (rotted zinc pennies for example) or deep targets on the fringe of detection.

Keep the disc low, notch nothing, and dig everything for a while until you learn what the numbers are telling you. Once you start to learn the machine then start testing disc and notching if your area needs it (I run my disc at 6, and notch nothing, I'd rather be the one to decide what to dig vs the machine masking out targets for me).

Once you feel confident that you've learned the tones and have a feel for the TID #'s, disc and notch settings, then start playing with the sens/thresh. The higher they are, the noisier the machine will be, so keep them low to begin with or it'll be overwhelming. The F70 is almost identical in programming and performance to the F75, so reading the F70 AND F75 forum posts will help you glean useful (and some not so useful) tips to weave into your hunting grounds and style. The JE mode (jewelery) mentioned on the F75 is the same as the SL (slow) mode on the F70, EXCEPT according to Nasa Tom if using the JE mode on the F75 it will automatically reprogram the disc levels, but not so on the F70.

I've made some of my best finds with the F70, so it's definitely a capable machine and the more I use it, the more I like it.

Most of all, have fun!

hh,
Brian

thanks,everyone .I tried some settings from andy's post and they really help thr detector run smoothly and some off nice and crisp on the good signals

No matter what detector you get I have never had one act exactly like the paper says.
Vdi's jump and never really lock on unless it is a shallow target. You will still dig junk no matter what detector you choose. Just don't get your expatiation high and you will be alright :)

I do not yet own a F70 or F75, but it seems to me that if you read the entries that refer to those two detectors at the following site, you most likely will get some useful ideas on how to approach the problem:

http://www.fisherf75.com/

Please let us know if the ideas on this site do help.

Your in for a good ride...

I found some settings in the f series forums and tried different ones until I found some that work well for my area and I tore it up at my local park.I found some clad,a few modern buttons,a charm from a barcelet,andbest of all my first silver and gold.Both ear rings one sterling silver and the big one is 14 karat Italian gold .Nice and heavy.I thought that it was a ring when I first found it until I wiped it off.It is actually big enough to wear on my pinky finger.I was so excited when I pulled it out of the ground.I wanted to yell ,but thought better of that idea.My hands where shaking.I know it's not a gold coin or ring,but it showed my that the f 70 is awsome and I made a good decision to be a dealer for fisher.thanks,Ernest