Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new Excal 1000 arrived today!!:bouncy:

wesbeach

My new Excal 1000 arrived this afternoon and I already have it mounted on my straight shaft and have the battery charging for tomorrow's hunt.

I also have an Excal 800 that I purchased used off Ebay last summer that always gave me problems in the water and now I know why... I was always suspecting something was wrong with the connection to the battery since it started having problems when the water reached that area. After looking at the battery connector on the Excal 1000 and comparing to the Excal 800, I saw that the Excal 800 was missing a rubber gasket that fits between the battery and the connector. I thought that area was causing a short with the Excal 800 and I must have been right. I didn't think the connector looked right on the Excal 800 and so I never really could use it out in the mine. It appears the charging adapter has a rubber gasket, so I guess that could be used on the Excal 800. Excal 800 mystery solved!

If conditions are good tomorrow, I will be out with my new Excal 1000!!:tongue:

Wesbeach

I already contacted her earlier this week. She did not lose her band set on the beach. Very different too.

Wesbeach

Congrats. on your new toy, May it bring you many days of gold and silver.(or Platinum will do). Watch that gasket it will fall off when you change pods. I didn't get mine tight once and water got in it and I had a false signal problem , but it never hurt the pod, just dried it and it worked fine. Good Luck. HH.