Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new eating experiences with diabetes:Rediscovering all kinds of great things to eat.........

warthog

.....This past three weeks,having to eat the right things has been a re-discovery of some great foods.....Veggies-Scallion onions,radishes,cucumbers....I can eat as much of them as I want,and I DO:Every day with my lunch,I eat a whole cucumber and a few scallion onions(the long,slender kind of onions),and I wash them and eat them whole,sometimes for supper too.....My cutting my junk food almost completely out and eating less of everything has resulted in a 14 Lb. loss as of two weeks ago.I can't wait to get on the scale at my dr. visit a week from today,so see how much more I have lost.I know I am losing, I have taken my belt in another notch today,and it is easier to walk,even though my back limits my walking..It had been so long that I ate only junk food,I had almost forgot how good fresh veggies Steve.My first Dr. visit here I was 291,my Dr. visit when diabetes was discovered was 277,I am shooting for 220-ish by next summer.....TWIGGIEHOG,HRE I COME!!!!:thumbup::rofl:

I was raised on a farm and by growing a garden we had vegetables all summer and canned for the winter....I like veggies and wish they weren't so expensive to buy so I could eat them all the time! Good going on the weight loss and cutting out the junk foods....makes a difference for sure in how a person lives and feels! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Great job. I think we are all guilty of not enjoying the natural taste of veggies. We tend to cook the way to long (at least us Southerners do) and put butter and cheese on everything. Kinda cancels out all the good nutrition.

Still better than Tacos and cheese and most junk foods! Veggies are good raw and/or cooked....Really like eating raw Cucumbers, Celery. and Tomatoes! May God Bless you, Liz and family! Amen! :angel: Ma

There are TWO things you must be very careful of and those are: High Fructose Corn Syrup & Artificial Sugars! They will fill you out but not up and both are known cancer causing agents. Father always said: "A Word To The Wise Is Sufficient"!

...Matter of fact,most of what I eat has very little of any sweetener in it.and my Dr. told me to avoid any diet drink with fake sugar in it.I stick with coffee,water and milk.....Ya know,I always thought before I became diabetic,if I ever became one,I would have world- class cravings for the swill I used to inhale on a daily basis,but other than an occasional thought as to how good some kind of whatever would taste,the cravings never happened.........Just before I was found to have diabetes,everything I ate-EVERYTHING-tasted terrible,I'm thinking this diabetes was the cause.....I remember telling Marcia on our honeymoon and after,I just didn't feel well,and nothing I ate looked or tasted good....My blood sugar Is down in the 114-140 range now,probably lower than the last six months have been..........We was at my sister's on November 17th,the day my diabetes was discovered.I was originally planning on waiting to go to my sister's for Christmas.I would have ignored these diabetic symptoms if we had,and if I would have waited another five weeks with my sugar at 530 or higher..........I very well could have DIED,before Christmas.......God has a plan for me,and He used my sisters to coax me into getting checked for diabetes,and saving my life.........:thumbup:....