Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new Ace 250

Shooter65

I bought an Ace about 2 1/2/ months ago and it been an awesome machine. Went out yesterday again and it was a great day and of all things had a land owner help me out. I was working an area and saw a truck come to a stop and a fella sat there watching me for a long time. Then he got out of the truck and came to talk to me approaching me from the rear. He said "I didn't want to surprise you." I told him what I was doing and he then said "you should go down the road past the curve and on the right next to the river." There's an old, old place back in the woods that burned down in the 1950's. I asked who owned it and he said "I do now". So that was cool. We went down the road to his old place in the woods and man what a surprise. I unplugged my ear phones so he could hear too. Found 2 wheat's, 1920 and 1923 that I couldn't read the dates on at the time, then a 1936 merc head dime. After a few more coins came a 1925 walking liberty quarter and then a 1942 wheat. People fish along this place and a few newer coins were found too, mostly 60's and 70's, few 80's and 2-90's. Also found a bent, sterling silver Jesus necklace with chain missing. Now this was fun and the old fella was having as much fun as I was laughing and getting excited every time he heard my machine start to talk. He had to go make lunch and I thanked him and he just giggled and said "your welcome" and left. I worked the area for a while and found a shot shell base head stamped-- Winchester New Rival. This was a turn of the last century black powder shot shells produced in 100 shot boxes. Oh ya, thanks Roger, as I used your method of cleaning those Penny's and it works great.

That was a great story. there are still great people in this mixed up world.That is way to cool. Good luck digging .I would dig every inch of that place.You have a great spot.Fill the holes.God bless

Good to have a spot like that offered for you to dig..Must be more old finds for you their. Real good finds:clapping: