Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My MXT

explore

Hi guys well I've been using my MXT on a few hunts but always seem to pick up my M6 something about my MXT its a simple machine, but I havent found anything worth talking about. Is there a place on the web where i can learn some tricks on how to use it to its maximum capability. I'm not realy happy with it. My M6 seems to do a better job on finding old silver clad. Little help thanks

First I would buy the MXT EDGE a book by Jeff Foster, or you can check out a web site called: {THE VERY UNOFFICIAL MXT USERS SUPPORT HOMEPAGE} it will help allot.:thumbup:

One more thing from what Ive been told and from what I have read that if you set your MXT in the preset positions in the relic mode that you basically have the same machine as the M6. Now I have never had or used the M6 but allot of guys in my area have them. :whites::thumbup:

I have been using my MXT in relic mode everywhere I hunt, the high pitched tone is a LOT easier to hear especially for deeper targets

Research, research, research! Your coil has to be over it to find the old treasures. Just because you haven't found any silver, doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Practice is the best way of learning. Yes, the book MXT Edge has been a big help to many others. For me??? Practice and researching places and more practicing! Yes, I do have the book but have only skimmed through it. Sorry Jeff. HH to all, Nancy

That's what I am talking about in the relic mode the MXT has those different tones similar to the M6. To me that would make it easier to make the change from M6 to MXT. when I got my MXT I had been using the GMT and for the longest I was more comfortable using my MXT in the prospecting mode because it was what I was use to. After a while and just playing with it I can now feel comfortable using every mode.

We have had this discussion before. The two detectors use the same chip sets and ground tracking systems. The M6 had the threshold backed off to run more quiet. If you were using an MXT in C/J mode and turned the threshold down so you can not hear it, it would be the same as hunting with the M6 in the non tones mode. So unless you just like the tones there should be no difference.

I've also got a modified IDX. Every time I use it I make good finds, but since I like my MXT I don't use the IDX as much. Naturally I find more with the MXT because I use it more. If you prefer the M6 you will find more with it because you use it more than the MXT. Rob

Make scence Rob the way i'm going I think my MXT will be my back up

HB thanks for the link I will check it out and do some reading

We make the finds with what we're using at the time. If you use one machine all the time, you'll hit the dry spells from time to time. I would be surprised if the MXT and M6 wouldn't both perform near identically (properly operated) on nearly all targets except for prospecting. My two bits.
HH
BB

Your absolutely right BB :thumbup:

explore said:
Hi guys well I've been using my MXT on a few hunts but always seem to pick up my M6 something about my MXT its a simple machine, but I havent found anything worth talking about. Is there a place on the web where i can learn some tricks on how to use it to its maximum capability. I'm not realy happy with it. My M6 seems to do a better job on finding old silver clad. Little help thanks

I thought I was the only one dissatisfied with MXT after reading dozens of happy reviews before purchase.

I have nothing against Whites and I love my Dual Field and my previous PI PRO, but MXT so far is a major disappointment. In these five months of ownership I tried different coils - stock 12``, 6x10, 4x6, 4x7 accelerated. Also I use Sun Ray FX-1. The result is the same - it does not find nothing, or if finds anything information on the screen and real object detected are never correct. It says "25 cents, 50 cents, 1 dollar, ring" - but what I dig is pull tabs, bottle caps, beer caps.

Been stubborn and hard worker I will keep trying but after these first five months I regret the purchase.

:sadwalk:

Uh, I hate to tell you this, but those IDs are only there as size indicators. Also, sounds like you need to find better spots to hunt. Do you do research or are you just winging it? Do you just detect places that look like possibles or do you do reading on your area? Because I'll tell you that if you just hunts spots that look good somebody has probably already beat you to it.

Canewrap said:
Uh, I hate to tell you this, but those IDs are only there as size indicators. Also, sounds like you need to find better spots to hunt. Do you do research or are you just winging it? Do you just detect places that look like possibles or do you do reading on your area? Because I'll tell you that if you just hunts spots that look good somebody has probably already beat you to it.

I hunt the spots that are still left for MDing here in NY (not off-limit yet) and "permitted" in the Permit for MDing issued to us by NY Department of Parks.-

"MDing is not allowed in wood areas, not allowed in mowed grass areas, not allowed where native vegitation is present, not allowed in areas where people play ball" - believe it or not.

It it possible to try private homes and get permission? Are you living in the city or outside? If you are living in an inner city area, I can see how you'd have a problem. Is it possible to travel outside your immediate area and get permission to hunt on private land? If things are that limited with those parks, I wouldn't even have bothered, since you'll have limited ground that's no doubt being pounded already.

I guess I did kinda stretch it a bit. No, I'm not from NY. I now live in Alabama, but I used to live in the Northeast and I know exactly what you mean, especially if you're implying you live in the city. If I lived in NY City I would take up a different hobby. But, if I didn't live in the city I would do the network thing to get access to private homes. You know talk to coworkers and get permission and use them to make contact with other people. Hand out cards to friends that advertise you'll find lost rings, keys, etc. and when somebody gets your help tell them that you'll find it for them in exchange for detecting their yard. I just wouldn't bother with parks that are in heavily populated areas if you expect to find much.

Yes, I live practically in the city.
No. I do not expect to find much money wise.

Just to put the headphones on and separate oneself even for several hours from the world of endless fraud - be it enron, b sterns, merrill lynch, l brothers, kozlovsky, 700b "bail out", wa mu and so on and so forth. shamless immoral fraud and greed.

Headphones are on and outside world does not exist any longer.

It is worth much more than a couple of worn out silver dimes that anybody can buy on Ebay for five bucks apeiece.

Quote from Micro: "It is worth much more than a couple of worn out silver dimes that anybody can buy on Ebay for five bucks apeiece."

Amen to that!!!! There's is so much more to metal detecting than finding that lost silver dime, etc. (But it sure is nice at times)

HH to all,
Nancy