Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Middle Daughter, Carolyn called me today

Royal

she was bringing my grand daughter Hannah in to her grandmothers for a couple days. Her grandmother is my first wife, Carol.

Now I was talking to Carol earlier this year and she said her window A/C unit was shot. She said she could not remember what was wrong with it but she had to do without because of lack of money. I thought no more about it.

Carolyn called me and said she had just been to her mothers, after driving for over an hour from her home and found out about the AC problem. Carolyn was pizzed at her mother for not telling her about it because she had one in their basement that was not needed. Carolyn called to tell me she was heading back home to get it, over an hour away, to pick it up and asked if she had problems putting it in the window if I would give her a hand. Sure I said.

An hour or so later she called again and told me she was on the way back with the unit and that she had just called her mother on the cell phone and asked her if she had even tried the old one this year. No her mother said. Carolyn asked why the hell she had not told her because I would have checked it out first! She didn't know. Her nickname has always been dingbat!

Carolyn was still 45 minutes away on her return trip with the unit from her basement and I told her I would go over and check it out. She still had to come anyway because her two boys were there with grandma too, driving her nuts! Well that was really not a drive but more like a short putt!

I got over there and asked her what it did the last time she tried it, the year before. She could not rememeber. I turned it on and nothing happened. I checked the receptical and there was no power. I took the cover off the electrical pannel and checked every breaker with my voltage tester and they were all ok. Hummmmmm????

I went back to the window AC unite and unplugged it and plugged it into a plug strip feeding the TV. Dang AC came right on and ran cool and quiet! I just looked at the dingbat and laughed. I told her the AC seemed to be ok but there was something wrong with the receptical and since she lived in a trailer and it was in the 90's, I was not gonna crawl under the thing to chase it down. She was happy with it working and that was that. She had AC. Carolyn had added two and a half hours driving because of it though!

Carolyn came in and I told her what had happened and she just shook her head at ma! She told Carol that she had called Sherry and told her that she would not have to buy mom a birthday present ever again because if the AC was ok, she was gonna kill her :D Carol was really imbarassed!

I sat there talking to them and laughing. I looked at the receptical and thought what the heck. I reached over and plugged a small fan in it and looked for a switch somewhere. There by the door was three switches. Hummmm??

I asked Carol what they were for and she started to answer and I flipped the middle one. The fan came on!!!:rofl: I told Carol that the plug was controled by a wall switch! She said, "Oh yes I know! I forgot to tell you!" We all started laughing and I told her that the next time she wanted to operate the AC to turn the dang thing on!

She was mortified and I was laughing and Carolyn was wondering if she should kill mom in front of the grand kids!!

I told Carol that she should not worry because she is not getting worse with age! She has always been a dingbat!

I left but Carolyn really took it well because she knows that her mother has always been like that and would never hurt and soul!!

four years now, and I have to find what switch controls what all the time. He sits back and snickers........thinks it's funny. After we got the "Bunkhouse" added on this past spring (the boys bedroom) there are four different light switches in the hall way alone. What ever happened to simple is better???? :huh:

That does 'something' but we never know what. I have one here and it doesn't turn anything on or off. It just sits there

Sunny skies

M

n/t

n/t