Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Meager Finds...Sunday's Relics

bigfootokie

I decided to hunt a different way Sunday than I normally do. I bumped my Transmit Frequency up to 18kHz, ran Sensitivity at 100%, and raised my Transmit Power output to level 3, which is maxed out. My intentions were to only dig very small and deep targets all day hoping to find a very small item of great value. It worked well except for finding anything valuable. Maybe next time.

I had such a fun day that it would not have mattered to me if I had found nothing. It was a bit cool and wet for a while but my three crazy friends kept me in stitches time and time again so I did not notice the weather that much. Our tailgate lunch was very good too...smoked ribs, brisket, and deer meat chili. All heated up on site. It don't get any better than that!!!

These are my smaller than normal sized finds. I finally rolled a coin out after one buddy pulled his tiny 3 cent silver, but it was so brown, ugly and eat up I thought it was just a modern penny a farmer lost so it's not even in the tailgate shot. I did add it to the cleaned up pic.

IMAG0207.jpg

101_1499.jpg

BIG Surprise for me after I scrubbed that UGLY Penny for a while. May never see a date on it...but I know what it is.

101_1504.jpg

101_1502.jpg

Looks like a good hunt to me. :thumbup:

Thats one of the most corroded mercs I've seen from dry land. I'd say you had a good hunt also!

Chiloquin said:
Meager hunt?? Looks like a great bunch of relics to me too! HH

Mike

Thanks Mike. I posted it that way because my buddy's finds were better than mine. One found a 3 cent silver, and another found a silver coin that had been hammered into what was probably going to be a pendant before it was lost, and the other found a broken up powder flask that is really cool. They all found 3 ringers plus lots of other cool finds too. Here is the tailgate shot with my small pile at the top.

IMAG0206.jpg