Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My last two times out:detecting:

danalf

Went back to the old fairgrounds were i had found my 1st 1878 seated dime and my 1st 1912 barber dime and 3 mercs also 7 wheat's and 2 Indians. on the 1st day i was swinging in the area were i had found my 1st barber and got a 1901 barber dime so i worked that area a little and got a 1937 merc at about 8 inches. I also got a 5 cents in trade token that said a.o. Baldwin long prairie. i didn't get much in that area after that so i worked another area were i had found some wheat's and some Indians i ended up getting 3 wheat's 1919s,1926,1930 and 2 Indians 1903 and 1904. I also got a good luck token that says Alexandria MN birth place of America and on the other side it says good luck home of the worlds largest viking. we had been detecting for a while and were getting about ready to go my dad had 5 silver and i wanted to get 1 mour so he didn't beat me to bad. so i started working fast i got a good deep silver target dud it and it was silver but it was coverd in hard globed paint so we threw it in some paint softener and got all the paint off and it was a 1924 merc. on the 2nd day i was working the area were i had found those barber a little more and wasn't getting much i had finally got a wheat after a little while. i worked that are some more and got a nice 00-29 signal so i thought it was a quarter i got down and swung the x-1 probe were i had pin pointed the target and it was out of the reach of the x-1 so i thought it might be silver. i popped a plug and the target was still in the hole so being care full so i wouldn't scratch the coin i took some dirt out if the hole then scaned the hole with the x-1 and it was not in there scanning and looking through the dirt i found it. it was another 1st for me from these fairgrounds it was a 1893o barber quarter that was so awsome seeing that coin in my hand. we then a little while after that decided to go to a little old park in town and i got a 1942 merc and 4 wheat's 1929,1950,1944 and 1936. that was the end of the day thanks for reading and HH.:thumbup:

Nice finds, especially that Barber quarter. The "Viking" good luck token looks modern - possibly the1960s or 70s (just a guess) but that Minnesota Defense Force piece looks older. I'm not sure what that token was issued for. Good luck & HH!

n/t

SWEET FINDS YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT YEAR SO FAR. MABEY YOU SHOULD SLOW DOWN A LITTLE BIT AND GIVE THE OLD MAN A CHANCE TO CATCH UP.:twodetecting:

all the rest of the great finds you found at that fairgrounds. It was great to see you walk up to me holding that Old Barber Quarter in your hand knowing that it was your first one and then seeing that it had full liberty on it as well which made it even more special of a find for you. It was fun to get out with your dad and yourself and do some swinging together and we must get together again soon. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you Dan! Hope your next hunt yeilds more firsts for you. P.S. Where's the Seated you found??? Did you post it earlier?

Then you will be begging him to slow down! LOL!!! Good Luck and HH to the both of you.

n/t

Only a few Wheats......another Injun........and 2 more stinkin' Barber Dimes. Looks like you and your Dad cleaned out the Seated Coins but that's alright.......I'm glad you 2 found a spot with Old Coins and got some nice finds. I'm sure there is more out there also. It was fun hunting with you two and hope we can do it again real soon. My post should be up by at least 9:30pm tonight so you can see what I all found on Memorial Weekend. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you Dan. Give pops a run for his money next time out ok!