Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My husband says I can't keep anymore......

joesgirl73

I have been saving EVERYTHING I have found and have boxes and baggies stashed everywhere with the date and where I found it. When I found my first whole bottle you would have thought I found a piece of gold. Then my husband had to replace a sill and about a foot down was a trash pit. Tons of bottles and broken dishes clay pipes. I filled jars with the small shards, and the big iron stuff, a plow piece and a old push mower I let him dump. He found the sizzors or tongs when he moved the lilac bush and the ironing base doing something else. The rest of the bigger iron stuff is what my son and I found in the yard between last Sept. and last week MDing. It was all in an old box and I think the axe head was the problem, but either way, when my husband went to bring it to the attic with the rest of the boxes, the bottom fell out and I'll let you imagine the rest! (I cleaned it all up)

Still, it didn't ruin the thrill of our finds. The silver medal was a first. The buttons are early maybe 1600s, but I can't be sure. There were a couple arrowheads, and some other rocks that seemed not a natural formation so I saved them too. The thing that really seemed strange though was the garter thing. What a weird timeline!The odd blobs are just that...is this the melted lead we hear about? Its heavy and its everywhere.

Anyway, my husbands had enough, so I'll have to lay low and either stash it outside or carry the box myself next time. But, does anyone have any suggestions when it comes to an answer for "what are you gonna DO with it?" So far "I dunno" isn't working!

Well if a divorce is out of the question sell it all on ebay. You should see the cool stuff under "metal detector find(s)".

I'd ask hubby to make you a set of nice cabinets with glass doors so you can store & display your finds ! You have some very nice stuff !
It would be a very nice mothers day gift. If he makes one a year than in 10 years you can ask for a bigger house.....you can't lose!

Joesgirl,

If you do not want to sell it then the local museum should be glad to take some off your hands and give you the credit for the finds.

You could also donate some of the stuff to charity or to the Channel 2 Auction and see what they get for the material.

You have very nice finds like the pipes, coin, and pins just to name a few.

Farnum

PS. Just found my first silver coin. a 1947 dime.

Joesgirl, I think you are looking at this the wrong way....When you say "My husband says I cant keep anymore" Well that reminds me of a little story my wife told me...."There was this newly wed couple and they were on their honeymoon, that night they had a little spat. The husband hands his wife his pants and says Here put these on. She tried them on and they were WAY to big. She says I cant wear these, to which her husband replied Thats right I wear the pants in this household now remember that. A minute later she holds out her panties to her husband and said Here put these on. He looked at her like she was crazy but tried them on and couldnt hardly get them past his knees. He looked at her and said I cant get into your panties....To which she replied.....AND YOU WONT WITH THAT ATTITUDE....

Just a thought :)

HH

Steve

From the land of the Bluenose...nice collection of about everything. Hard to say what to do with it all. Still have 32 years worth myself....happy storage and digging. Thanks for sharing some great photos!