Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My home made EXcelerator coil steady.

LX Kid

Found out when I put my new 10" EXcelerator coil onto my Beach Hunter ID that it would definitly need a coil steady. Used a PVC lid, off a electrical box, to make two of them. Used old nylon 3/8" toilet seat bolt to attach on rod cause original bolt was too short. Other one is for my Tesoro Tiger Shark with 8" coil. It's a little harder to make because of the coil design. Anyway here's a couple of pics for those interested.

S6001557.jpg
S6001558.jpg
S6001559.jpg

In electrical work, they sometimes use differant size electrical boxes for joining wires and other electrical connections. The lid that I used happened to be off a 6"X6" electrical box. It was flat and had four screw holes for attaching it to the top of the electrical box to keep the weather out. Here is an example of one. I used a scroll saw to cut it out.

elect1.jpg

You can make it out of anything you want! Go to the hardware store and buy some 3/16" plexiglass and make it out of that. I just happened to have the PVC box lid. Plexiglass would be the preferred material. The PVC is usually used for exterior or underground wireing use.

You did a great job on making that. I used to use a factory one on my White's Surfmaster. I believe yours is made better........:super: