Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My home made "coil steady" for Stingray & Tiger.

LX Kid

Here's my first try at making a "coil steady" for my Tiger Shark and Stingray II 8" coils. Kinda screwed up on the pivot bolt hole but will do better on the final version. This is a little harder than the one I made for my 10" EXcelerator coil on my Beach Hunter ID (Last Pic). On the 8" stock coil the "steady" has to have a cut out to fit the coil mounting lugs. Anyhow here's a couple of pics for those interested.

S6001569.jpg
S6001568.jpg
S6001557.jpg

Looks good, I'm always bumping mine one way or the other to keep it parallel to the ground. Nice work.

Used a PVC lid, off a electrical box, to make two of them. Used old nylon 3/8" toilet seat bolt to attach on rod cause original bolt was too short. Suggest using 3/16" plexiglass to make them. I used the PVC lid becuase it is what was laying there when I decided to make one. I used a scroll saw to cut it out and when I get a final model I post pics. Needs to have large center cut out so that water resistance will be minimal. I also used a 1/4" nylon bolt and wing nut for the coil attachment as the original bolt is too short and diameter too small. Nylon bolt, wing nut, nylon spacer and rod clamp were about $3.75. Thanks for your interest!

- - what does the "steady bolt" attach to?

I guess I got a little confused on my last posting where I said "Used old nylon 3/8" toilet seat bolt to attach on rod cause original bolt was too short." I got my project, of making one for the Beach Hunter ID, mixed in with this Tiger steady. I actually am using a 1/4" x 2" nylon bolt to attach the coil w/steady to the lower shaft. Also if you go with the 1/4" bolt you will have to open up the hole in the lower shaft and rubber friction seals in order to fit the bolt thru. Once message is posted I don't guess they let you go back and edit after a period of time. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a pic of how it is secured at the top of the steady to the shaft. A nylon spacer is also used to hold the steady parallel to the lower rod and vertical to the coil.

S6001559.jpg

LX Kid said:
I guess I got a little confused on my last posting where I said "Used old nylon 3/8" toilet seat bolt to attach on rod cause original bolt was too short." I got my project, of making one for the Beach Hunter ID, mixed in with this Tiger steady. I actually am using a 1/4" x 2" nylon bolt to attach the coil w/steady to the lower shaft. Also if you go with the 1/4" bolt you will have to open up the hole in the lower shaft and rubber friction seals in order to fit the bolt thru. Once message is posted I don't guess they let you go back and edit after a period of time. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for the clarification. I get it now: steady bolt trough lower rod.

And you cannot re-edit after 30 minutes, I think. Dunno why.

Tesoro "final steady" made! One on the left is first try and the second is the final. Right picture is "Final" shown mounted on 8" coil. Thanks

S6001572.jpg
S6001573.jpg