Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Greatest Treasures found Metal Detecting and on the web!!

Royal

and found the web are the friends I have met.

[attachment 13191 mikearrowhead.jpg]

I just love this shot of Mike when he found this arrowhead. It is the best smile I have ever gotten a picture of with this guy. He sees a camera and hides. I understand a feller being that ugly but the arrowhead was a reason to smile for the camera.

[attachment 13192 Lindaalicemike.jpg]

These are three great friends, Sunny, Alice and Mike on the top of a mountain. They are a treasure.

[attachment 13193 Leotacampfire.jpg]

This was in Leota, at the campfire. Nim, Steve, Dave, Ted and Ray. I will never forget the friendships cemented on that weekend. I wish we have more of them...

[attachment 13194 Gov.jpg]

Here is our leader, The Gov. A good friend for a lot of years on the web. A great guy to spend time with too. He and I had the longest pool game in history in Leota :D

[attachment 13195 JohnC.jpg]

This is JohnC, who invited me to Va for some relic hunting. This guy sure knows how to show a guy a great time. I met Steve from VA, ToddK, BIlly, Fred, JohnK, RM and many more while there and we had a blast, both times.

[attachment 13196 VACampfire.jpg]

This is one of our campfires in the Shennandoa Mountains. What party animals

This is my limit of pictures but I will post more of the people I have met in this wonderful hobby

[attachment 13197 lindahorse.jpg]

Sunny is a joy to spend time with and is little enough to wup if you had to I guess

[attachment 13198 mikeq.jpg]

Here is my buddy Mike Quinn that visits us occasionally. He has a place near us in Roscommon and is a real friend. This is before he lost about half his size. In great shape now, all the wood splitting and all.

[attachment 13199 Wayne.jpg]

I sure can not forget Wayner. He is a brother!@

[attachment 13202 SteveG.jpg]

This is SteveG who is another Canadian friend. Is one heck of an artist and would argue with a tree but a lot of fun to spend time with.

[attachment 13203 newrickwithsuit.jpg]

This is RM who lives in Va. He is a goofy sucker :D but I always had a ball with him. He and John hunted me into the ground one day, it was so hot but it did not even slow those two suckers down.

[attachment 13204 norm.jpg]

This is Norm G, one of the earlier guys on the web and with a fine web site, The Golden Oldie. I hunted with him in Galviston. He died a few years back and is missed by many

There are so man others that I do not have pictures of. Jerome Strawser, Jim NYC and Tommy Aaron, Jess Mason, Rick Garrett, Richard etc...

There are many more that I have not met in person but hope to some day,Jack in CA,Doug, Fred,Arkie John and Tom, Dave and Butch, Ludy and Ken and Ol' Frank. I would love to set down and spend some time with Art, Laura, Lee and Mark, Pierre, Orlando, Rod, JB and the list goes on. I am sure I have missed some but I am going off the top of my head here :D

That is the greatest thing I have gotten out of this hobby and the web, friends that I would have never met any other way. Our world is so huge but the web has made it small.

I cherish you friends...

[attachment 13206 Bill.jpg]

This bone head, they only allow six to a post.

I have been so busy lately I have not had the time for posting much. But I tell you, all of my friends that I have made on this forum are NEVER far from my thoughts. There are still so many I want to meet in person. Fred, Tom John, Dave, Dan, Butch.....oh the list goes on!!!

Just meeting, even a few of the people I have talked to on the froum, has enriched my life>

Take care

Sunny skies, calm seas, fair winds

KM

gonna have to put those away so I can see who I'm talkin to! :lol:

I sure am glad you meantioned that old Fart. He drives me nuts at times but has always been a friend. How the heck did I miss his name? I am sure there are others too and I apoligize for having a lousy memory!!:wiggle:

You and I probably go farther back on the detecting forums than most, early January of 1995 when Tnet was the only one, and during that time I have met many online that I call friend. Many have disappeared from the forums and, sadly, several have passed on. Norman Garnush was a good man, he's missed. So are Tommy Aaron, Carrol Quarles and even Ray Walls just to name a few. There are also a few who wouldn't be missed, you know who those are so no names. Kinda hard to believe it's been almost eleven years, doesn't seem that long does it? During that time I've been a regular on most of the forums at one time or another but never seemed to fit in at most so now I only frequent a select few. This forum, your forum, is comfortable. It has a great bunch of folks, I feel as though I've known them forever. This forum is like being home, a place to kick the shoes off, lean back in an old comfortable recliner, light my favorite pipe and relax. Thanks for having it.

He has not been around for a long time. He was a Sheriff in Colorado, if I rememeber right. I talked to him once on the phone.

Do you remember that Giant Indian from LA? Cliff was his name. He had a small diner but sold it and opened a Tattoo Parlor. He was a good guy but among the missing. I called and talked to him one day too, at his diner. Sure supprised him.

He found out that my greaat-grandma was full blooded indian and he said he planted a tree on some mountain out there in my name. Nice guy.

Crazyman shows up occasionally and I miss Tom Ivinest too. He started flying and finally left the forums I think.

This is a comfortable forum and there is never any bad blood here. I like that.

People thank me for it but it is Garys doing. He set it up and shanghied me. You guys make the forum, not I. I just tend it and everyone her makes it pretty easy.

I just wish more of the readers would start posting. Lots of readers

I enjoy it most of the time but some times I just gotta get away from it. If I miss a day or so I start missing it though.

There are some good writers here with interesting story's

I think his name was Jim McWilliams. He was a great guy but disappeared when he got married and I never heard from him again. That was a long time ago

And there was a guy, Jason, who used to tickle me bigtime. He had a wry sense of humor that was great. He dropped of suddenly about four years ago. Honestly, I was pretty much burned out on the forums a couple of years ago and started to drop out for awhile. The detecting forums are pretty much the same every day, found this, found that, my detector is better than yours, etc. I've gotten to the point that the finds aren't important and seldom read any forums except Carl's Metal Detecting Equipment forum, this one and the rinky dink Discovery Electronics forum.

n/t

very special, this hobby which leads to such friendships being forged by tiny pulses of electronic information, both by the wondrous machines we use to find treasure in the ground and on the "net".
Few have had such impact as you in fostering this giant little world!

I was gonna tell you that when we were on Skype gabbing today......
But i could not get a word in edgewise:rofl::razz: ......
Well done buddy!
Wayner

n/t

My mouth does run all the time doesn't it. You just gotta tell me to shut up.

Man those dogs had me laughing my butt off.

I Was telling Wayner a joke and one of the people in the joke's name was Mark. Well Wayner listens to me over Skype with his speakers. I would say MARK in telling the joke and the dogs thought I was barking and that set them off. I would go MARK! MARK!MARK! and the dogs would go wild. Got Carol to squalling too. Teach her to tease me about the way I say "Roof" :D

n/t

meeting you too, and I hope one day you will come to our neck of the woods and you can meet Arkie, Tom, Butch and maybe some others on the same trip! The door is always welcome, just tell us when! (You could have picked a better photo of me, though!) :)

love the photos. I want to post the one of you, me, Alice and Mike that the stranger took of us when we were in town that day! :)

n/t