Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My friend Tim.....Last part

Dan-MO

Now the only thing Tim had going for him at this point was that the man he killed in the fight was even more disliked around town than Tim. Most people were of the opinion that things would have been better if they had killed each other and both had died. There were witnesses who testified that the deceased had stuck first with the knife and Tim had the evidence across his face. The judge was determined to get Tim out of town one way or the other-so he was given a choice-join the military or go to prison. The next day he joined the navy.

Now the navy gave him something he had never had in his life-discipline and a family of sorts. The navy BECAME his family and he thrived and matured. When his tour was up he re-enlisted and was involved in several battles in the South Pacific during WW2 -he has a whole drawer full of medals he earned over his career. When the next several tours were up he always re-enlisted and saw action and earned more medals in Korea. During all this time he never married and keeping a vow he made to himself-never took another drink or entered another bar since that fateful night in 1938.He came close to seeing action in Vietnam but instead left the navy in the early 60s and returned to civilian life.

Almost immediately he married a woman at least 20 years younger than him and went to work in a factory where he used a paint sprayer for the next 20 or so years until he retired. Along the way he and his wife were blessed with 2 children-both boys. One day not long after he retired-his wife emptied the bank account and left town with another man-a few days later he was served with the divorce papers-this nearly killed him. Both of his boys were grown and gone-one made a life for himself in California and still stays in touch with occasional phone calls and yearly visits-the other became a junkie and Tim hasn

and I must point out that there are LOTS of people out there just like Tim.

Please dont quit going to the nursing home. They need you.

Lil Brother

You shared the gift of faith which is what Tim needed. Even the bravest and the toughest need faith when it comes time to cross over.
Interesting story about Tim and about You.:thumbup::thumbup:

Eric

Tim sounds like quite a character. So glad you were able to help him take his first Christian steps.

if a person dies without writing down their adventures and sharing them with others, it is all gone with their passing. So much personal historys, hunting and fishing trips. Brawls and loves gone and forgotten.
So much is lost every day as people pass.

I am happy that you were able to give him a little peace to help his passing

n/t

and sometimes forgetfulness of it. You amaze me with your empathy and kindness, thank you Dan.

You've been given a wonderful gift.........and so have we by your acquaintance.:) A beautiful ending to a trying life !!

also a friend of your grandfathers. I know this was so interesting for you, and loved the stories he had to tell. But Tim was the lucky one, for having someone like you to befriend him, and be able to witness to him and let him know what it takes to have peace with what little time he has left on the earth, and eternal peace when he meets God.

You may not be a preacher, but you are great with words, know the truth, and helped Tim in more ways than you will ever know.

I think it is HE who was lucky to meet YOU! You are a very special person Dan! :cheekkiss:

...and you are a writer who has risen to the occasion, to be able to share with us, this special man. I can tell you that I, myself, am better for having read it--and it's JUST what I needed today.

Because of your love and caring for him, he will soon shed his crippled up old body and gain a new, perfect one. Whether we can speak with elegance or not is no matter. But as Christians, we are obligated to share The Story with those who sooner or later will depart this life and face eternal judgment.

Goodness, I want to thank you for this story. You know, you could probably write a book about ole' "Tim" if you would do some in-depth sit down interviews with him. I think now that he has been transformed that he would be willing to do that. So, I encourage you to do just that. Personally, I could not put a book down like that, reading of a man who has done so much. The war stories alone would fill much of it, I bet.

My Daddy, too, hit the rails during the depression as a young lad of just 17 years. Your story has prompted me to write that adventure in the near future.

Your story here is what this forum is really all about. It was lovingly and richly written by a man who has a passion and love for his fellow man. Thanks, so much, for allowing me to have a great day through the reading and absorbing of this most wonderful piece.

Your buddy,

aj

By the way, if you ever get in a position of having no words, just revert back to John 3:16!