Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Friend Stonewood's Story about the &%$@#@* Raccoon..

Jim Vokes NY

A while back, Ol' Stonewood and I were sitting around the campfire telling stories when Stonewood told me a real "goodun!"

"This took place back in the day when Trapping and Coon Hunting was a very lucrative business. As a young man I was very active in controlling the Raccoon population, and was always aware of the value in there fur.

One evening while on a date, I was driving my old Ford Bronco down a local back road when I saw a car ahead pulling away from the shoulder of the road. It was dark at the time so being curious I slowed to see one of the Largest Raccoons I had ever seen lying on the shoulder of the road. It was clear that the car I saw had just hit the poor animal. Being that it was late fall pelts were approaching there prime, and I saw dollars signs floating over this animal.

So being the gentleman that I am, I causally pulled to the side of the road. Told my date I had to go to the bathroom, and ran back to get the monster. I opened the back window and put the easily 40 lbs. of raccoon in the back and through my coat over it. My date "Never Even Noticed" -Bad sign!

Again we were off. I am thinking this date isn't going to cost me a thing! so off to dinner and a movie as planned. As we left the theater after the movie, I noticed something that was a bit alarming. There were about 30 people and 2 Police cars around my truck. I ran over to find that the Raccoon was Not Dead. In fact it was Very Upset with my greedy plan.

After an enormous amount of questions from the Police, "MY DATE" and the crowd, we opened the door to let the beast out. He jumped out like never being run over, and ran off-completely making my story unbelievable. Then I saw what he had been doing while I was entertaining my date. He ripped every inch of Vinyl off all the seats, eat the steering wheel, pooped everywhere, and just when I thought that was it-I noticed my wiring hanging down from under the dash. He eat through my wiring harness in an effort to get out.

The police gave me a ticket for Harassment to an animal, they said if they didn't the crowd would have hung me.....my date was picked up by her father....who wanted to run me over,.....and I walked home-12 miles, my truck was towed to a scrap yard."

The moral that I learned from Ol'Stonewood was that Wealth is not something you can count, it is the experiences that life brings.

cost your buddy his car!I guess alot of us learn the hard way,by acting to quickly,it can cost you! Good thing,no one was in the car,when it recuperated!!

n/t

moved to a small town on one of our beautiful lakes at Greers Ferry, Arkansas. The closest big town was Heber Springs about 20 miles away. While driving to this town, there was a hyge trantula walking right acoss the two lane highway. I had heard that the pet store in town was buying these things to sell. David was terrified of spiders, which I thought was amusing, him being a man and all, but after I assured him I would catch it and put it in the back of the truck until we reached the pet store, he relunctantly agreed,

I got out and using a bucket and a piece of cardboard, I scooped him right up, secured the cage in the back and off we continued,

I thought I would really get him, and sddenly drew my feet up under me and yelled "Oh my gosh, the spiders in the cab with us!!!!" David got so unnerved, that he ran off the road and hit a huge boulder, smashing in the front of the truck. Ended up costing us a pretty penny having the truck towed and repaired.

He never thought about that there was NO way possible way for the spider to have gotten from the back of the truck bed into the cab, and didn't think that joke was very funny at all!

When the wrecker guy took us on into town, I took my trantula to the pet store and got $5 for him.

Needless to say, I had to give it to David to go toward our $1000.00 deductible! The joke backfired on me, but it sure was quiet around our house for awhile! :lol: Another lesson in life......the hrd way! :)

Ain't you glad that you and your date wasn't "watchin the submarine races" when that critter woke up? : )

they could gut a truck in short order, for sure!

It is funny but really not. What a night Sherwood had!!

For some reason, this story reminds me of something that you would have done! :rofl: Great story, really enjoyed reading it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :lol:

PS: Great to see you posting here, and you write great stories! :)

n/t