Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My former Church always knows what to say:thumbdown:......

warthog

Yesterday,I e mailed my former Church,offering to do the song Alan Jackson recorded as a tribute to 9/11,this Sunday,as we will be at my sister's then......This was the reply:"Steve,as we already had our 9/11 service yesterday,I ( not WE) would prefer that you do not do the Alan Jackson song,but one More religious".....:shrug::confused:......Does this mean we just take out our anniversaries once a year,and then it is "out of sight,out of mind,till next year"????.....Try telling that to all the family members whose loved ones died so needlessly on 9/11....This one person in this Church is the acting captain of the ship(NOT THE PASTOR), and the congregation practically kills one another,just to stand in this person's shadow."MORE RELIGIOUS"?????How about this???"But I know Jesus and I talk to God,and I remember this from when I was young/Faith hope and love are some good things He gave us/AND THE GREATEST IS LOVE"..........Last I looked,that is in The Word, the Apostle Paul,I believe............This person also admonished me to "play something we can all sing along to"-I did that song in our Church this past Sunday,and folks were singing it,especially the last lines in the chorus, quoted above....It takes a lot of courage to stand up and tell the world that he loves Jesus and God like he did,and as a result,it turned into a #1 runaway hit for him.But: its not that it was a hit that's important,Standing up and professing your faith,THATS WHERE IT'S AT.........I am going to talk to the Pastor,and explain my frustration because of being told this by this person.......AS FOR 9/11:GOD HELP US IF WE EVER FORGET...............:usaflag::thumbup::crylol:..............