Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Fisher 1280x......:thumbup:

warthog

It has proven to be a GREAT detector!!Don't remember when I bought it,but it was back in the 'lifetime warranty' days...Only thing up to now that needed attention besides the plastic battery pack heading south,is the power lead for the 9 volt battery pack breaking off,this is the 4 th time I have had it replaced,only 10 bucks......The foam on the hand grip and armrest is breaking off,but a new armrest is $15 bucks,should I decide to replace it.BEST THING about the 1280X,is the internal electronics is sealed off from the batteries in a watertight compartment,so if the battery door seal fails and water gets in,only the battery compartment gets wet (gasket for the removeable door is still around 16 bucks!!).......
OH!!!HOW DOES IT PERFORM???Well,let me tell you: It will detect a single piece of lead #6 birdshot at 6-8 inches,with the sensitivity turned up.(But,if the sensitivity is too high,it will chatter,has to be turned down....Headphones,permanently mounted,work well- Just be warned: If the volume is too high,the 'target' signal can deafen you.Discrimination works well,too,right on par with my Garrett 1350GTA.It has proven it's worth,considering all the great old coins and nice JEWELRY it has found in the wet!!