Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first summer of detecting and love it

Qu

Ho yes my first of metal detecting ,i fall in love with detecting on the first weeks.
I bought a Fisher 1280-X Aquanaut and a Minelab safari for the job and was very happy with these detector.
There is a 8 mile lake in front of my house with 3 large beach,so i detect all summer on this lake,i found
lots off stuff,lots of silver coin,large penny,my oldest coin was 1837,fishing hook made with square nails,
a 1910 silver spoon and a fews jewelrys.
Winter is here now, so i wait for the next spring to start detecting this lake again,i sure there is more stuff
in that lake since there was people coming to that lake 200 years ago.
Here a picture of the jewelry,the first 4 rows are gold including 2 diamond ring and lots off silver.[attachment 180987 100_0227.jpg]

Wow lots of good stuff in that lake.
Must never have seen a detector before.
Looks like a long summer next year of great finds yet to come !
Bonne chance !

Keep up the good work,way to go !!

Wow I'm thinkin you got a little spoiled .good luck that was a great summer,keep that virgin swimmin hole to urself and work the crap out of it.You shpuld also go. somewhere else to see how it feels to find nuttin.:minelab:

Great finds MR Quebec, How cold dos it get over thear???? Mickfin

WOW!!
That is a lot of nice finds for the summer.
You will be busy next summer I'll bet.
Congratulations. Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

WOW - great finds - great beach and lots more stuff at that beach I'm sure - have fun findin/diggin it all up. HH

Good for you that you didn't post a picture of half of that loot mid-summer! You would probably have found yourself invaded by other hunters! Hope your lake isn't invaded by the time you get back to it! Good luck, I'm sure there is more to be found. I hope it is you finding it!
Cheers,
tvr

Winter is a good time to hunt too (unless it freezes over)as you won't get it all first time round and even if it feezes there is always something to be got out of the water, you clean up the trash too ready for next years harvest, nice finds

:cheers::jump:YOU HAD A REALLY GOOD SUMMER .THERE IS A LOT MORE THERE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.:twodetecting:

awesome. Some people are so lucky with location. I have hunted all summer and still looking for dirst silver coin. I'm not giving up thoughh. I love this hobby. I just wish I had got introduced at a younger age. I am 37 so hopefully i still got a few hunts left to go. Good luck and HH

WOW! You are an inspiration to us all! Dont know if I can wait for ice out...maybe have to rig up a propane torch to the wand, throw on the waders, and break some ice! Being housebound for the last two days is awful! A guy can only sharpen a lesche so many times, and walking around the living room with the detector finding nails in the subfloor is freaking out the wife a little...