Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Month With New E Trac

Kenova

I have about 10 to 12 hours total on my new E Trac and this is what I have found so far. All these finds have come from 3 different locations ( 1955 house lawn, small CW battle ground, small park field).

I have not had much luck finding old silver just 2 quarters so far. The standing liberty has no date and is wore pretty bad. I found a 3 ringer, the large ball from a Buck and Ball load, and the other small bullet I have no idea what it is. Any ideas? The gold leaf pin is marked "4 Winard 12k GF" so it is gold filled but gold none the less. A couple of the finds are really cool like a WWII small metal and the buckles. Oh and a 1899 Indian and several wheaties. Now if I can just find a spot that has silver I am in business. I really like this detector.

DSCN7099.jpg

DSCN7098.jpg

DSCN7097.jpg

DSCN7096.jpg

DSCN7095.jpg

DSCN7094.jpg

DSCN7093.jpg

DSCN7103.jpg

It is the back to a pocket watch. It has a design on the bottom outside of it and on the inside it says SOLOMAX WATCH CO and is marked SWISS towards the bottom inside.

The small WWII metal to the right of the watch back says
Insignia
German 34th Div. Captured By
American 34th Div.
May 1st 1945
Italy

Another cool piece is pictured in photo #2 bottom right hand corner. I have been letting it soak and can now read what it says.
It is a medallion that reads
Presented By The American Car And Foundry Company on the front and shows a man swinging a sledge hammer into and anvil with a snake sitting on the anvil and some background images. On the bottom it has 1917-1918.
On the back it says
For Service Faithfully Rendered
On the rim is is marked
Gorman Co. Bronze

ACF is a local railroad car company that is still in business to this day. Here is a link about the company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Car_and_Foundry_Company

Looks like you have been busy. Very interesting finds--congratulations! Silver is fun, but so are all the historical items (like you've found). I'd say, from the looks of it, you and your E-Trac are having a great time. Thanks for the pictures. Good luck on your next hunt!

I was able to get out this evening for a couple hours and it was a great hunt. I found 6 Mercs, 1 buffalo nickel, bunch of wheaties and an Ohio Valley Bus Company token good for one fare. Found a 1926 First Aid Safety medal and a couple dog tags on dated 1935 from Texas. I live in WV lol.
I now can say I know the sound of "sweet silver" on the E Trac. WOOHOO!!!!

DSCN7105.jpg

DSCN7104.jpg

DSCN7106.jpg

Cladiator (OR) said:
That's quite a haul in just a couple of hours. Congratulations on the great finds! Thanks again for the pictures.

Thanks
It was probably about 3 1/2 hours actually. But I only detected the front yard which was about 55' x 100' and there was hardly and trash targets. The mercs seemed to just jump out of the ground and I knew right away what I was digging.

Very unique finds! Thanks for showing them to us and congratulations!

NebTrac

You sure dug a nice variety of finds there ! :thumbup:

Once I had around 100 hrs. in the field with my E-Trac - the coins really started flying out of the ground !

HH --- Mark

Thanks guys, I enjoy sharing and viewing finds on here.
The two rusty nails were in the hole with wheaties so that is why they are part of the finds. I didnt dig them as a target.
I dug the pull tabs just because I want to find gold. So all in all the e trac did very well at telling my what was in the ground before I dug.
The more time I get with the E the more I like it. Anyone want to buy my :whites: V3i :devil:

Great job, Kenova! Looks like you and the ETrac are getting along very well. I've just bought an ETrac. What program do you use? Any special settings that you can share?

TIA, Regards, Ken

WOW nice finds love the tinkler 1st picture, that goes way back in history. Have found 2 of them and just the feeling of touching something from the fur trade is aw some.

great diversity of finds Kenova - your locations look like they haven't been hit much by other detectorists. as you continue to clean out the sites you'll get to find the deeper items - keep going back especially after a good soaking rain.

hi kenfen - lots of folks here do very well with Andy S's modified coin program/pattern or 2 tone FE wide open (except for some FE1 line disc) - it all depends on location and conditions. on plowed farm sites i use nothing other than the 2 tone FE setup. it yields amazing fast "capture" of a good signal either in a clean area or amongst iron trash - if it's a FE 9-15 you will not miss it if your coil comes anywhere close to the target.

enjoy that awesome machine.

Barry