Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first jewelry

bendorfold

Cold and very windy today, but the ground isn't frozen anymore. These were from the volley ball court (all sand) in the local park.
3 dimes, 2 quarters, 1 copper penny and 3 zinc. 2 steel staples. The clasp is magnetic and the pink ribbon reads as scrap.
All found with the Lone Star: All Metal with Sensitivity at 1 o'clock and DISC with Sensitivity at 3 o'clock during sweep and noon to pinpoint, Disc/Notch fully CCW.
030908.png

pinkribbon.png

Wow, I found bottle tops and several pipes. My wife found several nice seashells, without any fancy metal detector.:|

She cracks me up sometimes.

[quote Mat Hastings]Nice finds . Do you like to use the 8" or the 4" coils. New to this sport and just looking for more info?[/quote]
I usually use the 8" coil as it has greater depth and covers more ground per swing and you can see the ground when pinpointing using just the inner ring of the coil.

I've been using the 4" coil around telephone poles. Linesmen and cable guys drop a lot of wire ends (including new fittings), so targets are very close together.

I haven't been "down the shore" (as they say in NJ), but I hear the 4" gives less false signal in highly mineralized soils.

Well done, hope to see lots of loot soon! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

nice finds, i still have 2 ft of snow on the ground here, but i cant wait to get out there and dicover history