Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first hunt :D

Royal

One year a bunch of my diving buddies and I went on our yearly trip to the Boyne City area to do a little diving and raising hell at night in the local pubs.

One of my buddies brought along a metal detector. It was a Fisher 1280x and I thought he was nuts. I was not into detecting and didn

that area sounds like a treasuretrove!

the last time I found three gold rings in a one foot square. One was a class ring from 1932, which I was able to return to the family and another was 1928 that I could not fine the owner.

I have no idea how many rings I found on that beach but I figure it had to be 30 or 40. I never kept track of my finds.

There is still stuff there but not nearly as much :D

n/t

However, since I bought the compressor, and have a whack of tanks, it has always been shuffled to the back of my mind. However, Willy is talking about a hookah [the new battery powered one]. If he gets it, and lets me try it, I may add that to my arsenal as well :)

thanks for the story bud. I remember when I was the only one with an underwater detector. I, too, was in Hog heaven. The finds just never stopped. :)

sunny skies

M

n/t

over 35 silver halves! Hundreds of rings and I have had two dives that I found 11 rings on each. They were all silver though. Whoda thunk it?

I can remember finding over 25 silver coins on a dive. I never really kept track but had a ball. There are thousands of spots that have not been touched!!

I love that Hookah of mine. It will run one man at 90 ft, two at 60 and three at 45 ft. I would never use it at 90 ft but did get to 60 with it once. I have rebuilt the pump two times so far. I have a lot of hours on it!

Heck.......I've only found a few rings in three or four years but I never hunt the beaches. This underwater thing has sure perked my interest though. I think I'd enjoy that !:)

when people go in the water and start cooling off their hands shrink a bit. When many go in the water they have just put on suntan lotion and their hands are slippery. When they are in the water their hands are swinging around, swimming and playing and they lose rings.

Many carry money with them in their pockets. Why I don't know. I can understand it if there is a concession stand and they do not want to leave their money on the beach towel but I have found lots of money, old money, on beaches where there never was anywhere to spend money!

I have found around a hundred gold rings and I have no clue how many silver. Hundreds! On really old beaches you will find brass wedding bands too.

I will post some more detecting stories. I have already posted some but I can not remember what I have told and what I have not so there might be some that are familiar :D

The only water hunting I have ever done was wadeing and scooping.Never had the equipment to hit the deep water.No doubt there are lots of goodies there.I would love to hear more detecting storys from you!

If Rob heads back up to see you, I wouldn't mind tagging along. I'd love to see your bottle collection. The turd tells me you've got quite the place up there.

anything on land worth keeping..........so I guess I'll practice this before diving! Good story! Show some photos of your finds, okay? :)