Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first dime

bendorfold

It's a start! the "pinstripe" is actually on the dime. Found it at the edge of a concrete driveway about 3 inches down, using the 4" coil. Dug a 3" plug that was 2 inches deep and swept the plug, no beeps. Scooped another inch from the hole, swept that and there it was. I really like the 4" coil.
1stDime.png

Great job on the dime...You will begin to notice that dimes sound louder than pennies most of the time...nice crisp, short, solid, high tone...I have also noticed that my Land Star gives a very distinct sound for quarters also...One site I hunt holds a field day each year in August, and the place is loaded with quarters...I have gotten so used to the sound, that I do not even need to look at the LCD...I just know I will be digging a quarter...Sounds like your getting the pinpointing down too...It is so easy with the 4" coil...Some folks choose to hunt with the 4" coil exclusively...I find it too slow for large areas, and I have gotten used to pinpointing with the larger coils...I still need to obtain a 10" coil...I have borrowed one from a local dealer while he was still open here in Solvay, but now he has retired...He had a shop here for almost 25 years....Very nice guy too, now he has faded into the ranks of the old timers, and I have not heard from him in about a year and a half...Not even sure if he is still around here, or if he packed up and moved out of the state (what I would do anyways)...I plan on moving down to N.C. whenever I can get the cash, find a job, and an apartment or house....N.Y. is just too much of a hassle now-a-days too few jobs, low pay, too much outsourcing, high taxes, high rent, high utilities, high cost of living (Money grubbing SOBs)...I have always felt like I belong in the South...My thinking is more Southern...I spent my childhood on a small farm with a woman who was from Kentucky...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Thanks for the "atta-boy", it is getting easier to identify the good signals. They really stand out.

I understand your feelings about Upstate NY. I lived there for 45 years, moved out 12 years ago. Don't get me wrong, the changing of the seasons is great, the sunsets up by the St. Lawrence are beautiful. It's the 20 to 30 below zero winters with 3 or 4 30" snowstorms each year that got to me. Plus the lack of sunshine, only 50 sunny days a year. I live near Philly, now, it gets 200 sunny days a year. It really makes a difference. I still say, the best thing (for me) about NY was seeing it in the rear view mirror.

We had a snow last year. It was so pretty I took a photo of my back yard.
DSC03069.jpg

Here's my little Tab Dwelling when it's not raining in the winter time.
Atday.jpg

Here's a little swim beach I hit a few weeks back.
lak2.jpg

hot1.jpg

hot2.jpg

It's tough down here in Arkie Land, but somebodies got to do it.:wave:

HH,

Tabdog in Arkie Land

Yep...The winters up here pretty much suck!!!!...I do not think I would miss em...The Mountains are very beautiful in the fall, I have to agree...The Catskills as well....Must be a rarity to get snow down in Arkie Tabdog...I could stand to see it only 2 or 3 days a year...lol...Right now, it is very cold at night...the darn snow melts during the day, then freezes at night....makes for very slick steps in the morning...I live on the 3rd floor of a building, and my idiot landlard decided to replace the steps up there with plastic wood. I coulda killed him!!!...The stuff is slicker than whale blubber...Well, if I brake my ashes falling down them, I guess I will own a 3 flat apartment building and a hotel....then I would burn both to the ground....lol

HH,

BH-LandStar

hello all, i took the advice of some good gentlemen on the metal detecting forum and bought a tesoro cibola yesterday morning. i took it to the battlefield ive been hunting a while, wasnt there a hot 30 minutes and out popped an [1819?!!] large cent from nearly a foot down. its in rough shape, but its still a large cent! in short order a 52 cal sharps and several buck and balls came out the ground too. [ the small shot the confederates used with the 69 cal musket balls ] i didnt have long to hunt but came away just a smiling. keep on hunting fellows, theres still plenty out there for everybody. i can say with certainty ive pounded the place with my whites and qd2, so i will be going back out today. hh,

I have been looking hard at the Tesoro Cibola as a second machine...I have heard nothing but good reports on it, and I hear it hunts DEEP...that is what I want a coin hunter that will break the 10" barrier...I wanna find the old silver and gold.....

HH,

BH-LandStar