Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first detector

I need some feed back on this detector.It will be used 90% of the time hunting relics and coins and the remainder 10% used for nugget shooting.The X-70 i have heard, makes a good dual purpose detector .I'm just curious if anyone else uses theirs for this same purpose.

While anyone will tell you no one detector is perfect for all uses, I think the X70 is a great all around detector that will do a very good job for you. The patterns disc. mode is perfect for coin hunting, but I'd avoid trashy areas until that smaller coil comes out for better target separation (are you reading this MINELAB??). The prospecting mode should do a very good job at nugget hunting - it's very sensitive and deep. You also should try this mode when you relic hunt if it's possible. Prospecting mode is so sensitive the small iron trash may keep you too busy checking signals, but it's definitely worth a try. I haven't been relic hunting with mine yet, but I'm certainly planning on doing the same. Good luck in your decision.