Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first buckle

TNHunter

I went out for a few hours yesterday and God blessed my with some more finds. I found my first buckle and I didn't know what I had found at first but I knew I had seen one before. I finally found one on line to compare too. Mine has US on right side and in middle has T.J.SH ( whats left of T.J.SHEPPARD) On the left it has what is left of CHICOPEE MASS.
I also found 2 fired 3 ringers, back of a button. cuff sized flat button and 2 piece Eagle button. I also found this brooch.
Thanks for looking.
Paul

That, my friend, is a Sharps Carbine buckle. T.J. Sheppard was the U.S.Army ordnance inspector from 1859 to 1864. I forget the name of the company that manufactured the buckle in Chicopee Mass. I found an exact match 30 years ago on the Cold Harbor Battlefield in Hanover Co Virginia. Very nice fine. HH TomB

Thanks everyone. I did the happy dance for sure. Richard call me and lets go.
Paul

wtg on the finds. the buckle is sharp.