Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first 100+ coin day

gware12

i dug 105 coins today in about 4 hours. 5 were wheat pennys. that was very tiring to dig that much, but it was a goal I had and I am happy I got it accomplished.

Atta boy G, What is your next goal?

i do have yet to find some silver and i want to find a gold ring these are my next goals. I also found my first ring today but it was a play ring.

That's great that you got one of your goals. 105 coins isn't anything to sneeze at........that's a lot of knee bends. :surrender: I know you'll be getting many firsts! Thanks for sharing your finds and congrats on the coins and the wheats. You'll find that silver soon. HH, Nancy

No, 105 coins isn't anything to sneeze at. Glad you were having so much fun. For your other goals location and luck is what it takes. HH Rob

Back in the mid '70's my job took me all over the central S.J. valley and I had not long before bought my first GOOD detector, a Compass Judge ll. I had noticed before a little R.V. type park with a grassy area down by the river near Kingsburg. That day I had just wolfed down my lunch and stopped by the little park. It was closed but the gates were open, so what the heck. I parked right by the grassy place and got out my detector. The first sweep by the discriminator said I was in the biggest trashy area I'd ever seen. But guess what, there was no trash there at all! I spent my lunch hour on my knees, with my detector over my shoulder, holding it by the shaft, scooping up all kinds of coins, from clads to silver dimes. In that hour, I filled both of my front pockets to the top with coins. When I got back to the shop that day, another tech saw my finds and I told him where the spot was. I donno if he went there....I never went back. I found a fishing place like that once, just couldn't take 'em off the hook fast enough, Bluegill and Bass would watch you throw the hook at them then almost fight each other for it. I never went back there either. I think it's because there's no challange? I donno. But, there's the best lunch hour I ever spent with a metal detector. Now, I just love Pumpkin Pie, but if I stopped some place and someone sit my down in front of 500 Pumpkin pies, and said eat all you want, and come back every day for all the pie you can eat, I doubt I'd ever go there back again either. We people are strange aren't we? That's enough rambling, but all true! Hey, I just got me a new detector, a Lobo, I sure I hope I have that kind of luck up in the gold fields. Adios!

Great job!!!

Glad you hung in there and reached a goal. The wheats were icing on the cake.

HH Bob