Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Equinox 600 vs. my Explorer SE

Ted S

The ground here is pretty dry so I was pretty picky as to where I was hunting. The 1898 house I hunted with the 600 wasn't too bad. I recovered a few things but nothing to really brag about with the 600 there. I dusted off the SE and took it to the house. My settings on it were sensitivity 25 manual and ferrous tones. I really prefer the tones of the Explorer over the Equinox. Long story made short...All I recovered from the yard was a clad quarter and a couple of chunks of aluminum. Other than the tones,it looks like the Equinox is the real deal! HH! Ted

It is definitely different tones but when it hits you know it. Good luck with your Equinox.
HH Jeff

Ted,

Your experience mirrors mine; I was a long-time SE Pro user, and am swinging an Equinox (and occasionally the CTX 3030) now. There's now no doubt in my mind that the Equinox "hangs," very favorably, with FBS machines, in terms of capability...

Enjoy!

Steve

Thanks guys! I'm not making the great finds in public parks like some of you. We really need some rain before I go back out again!

I swung an SE for a couple years and had a couple II as well. I too prefer the 'Nox. It is an evolved unit over the Explorers. Never the less they are very good machines in their own right and have some loyal users.

Tom in CA - Don't read this post!

I had a Etrac made some real nice finds with it but I’ve been re hunting those spots and I’m finding a lot of silver so it’s definitely now my only machine I use .
Even sold my Deus!
But kept the Deus pin pointer ...
HH
Mark

I think the E-trac has its faults (slow recovery) and crappy screen. However if it was lighter, faster recovery, and better screen it would be hard to beat. I also have the EQ800 and F75LTD2