Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Dog Speck and the Jitterbug!

Royal

Ron

we would have had to take him to a vet, a hundred dollars there. Because of the trauma, we would have had to take him to a animal shrink to make sure he didn't have any bad dreams, eighty dollars a pop and maybe a half dozen treatments. Course I saw it happen so it would have traumatized me and I would have probably ended up a bank robber or gone into politic ts or something like that.

Those days were much better :wiggle:

Sounds as though Speck was a good dog. I remember my old dog Spats with fondness. No great stories about him..... just a boy and his dog living the good life back in the 50s

Many, many, thanks

Calm seas, fair winds

M

they just need someone to jog them loose. :D I just tried to call but you are playing on the computer :D

n/t

When I was a boy, everyone had a dog. You did not dare say anything bad about someone's dog or you would have a fight on your hands! The dog was considered to be a family member, often the center of attention. We always fed our dog table scraps, not dog food. This was a great story, brings back some great memories. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

much dog food. Table scraps was always the dogs. It seems like I do remember some dog food called Grow Pup though. It rings a bell

I find more things we have done the same. Cept, I was about ten years behind ya. I used to go out on the golf course and pick up nightcrawlers as well. The sloping sides of the tees seemed to be the best for me. The stuff they treated the greens with liked to kill most of em off. Must be so's they didn't leave all the little worm piles on the greens. I used to sell em to my dad fer two cents each. Tried to raise them, but it never worked. ???

Dave

It was always a good night when we could catch them breeding. Lots of doubles. Slimy suckers though.

I rigged up one of those shocking rods and that will bring them up during the day but it is a little dangerous. My molther had an iron fence and I hooked 110 to it and they came out but she had a fit because I could have killed myself.

Made sense at the time

I can see that dog high-tailin' it up the stairs, out the door and across the yard, blood flowin!

Tom will tell you that a black 3/4 oz jointed Jitterbug is one of my FAVORITE lures to use in the late summer afternoon and evenings.

I don't catch a lot on it, but there have been a bunch of time that a five or six pounder would nail it as it plop-plopped past its laire.

Thanks again,

aj

i can see why as a kid you wondered about the old man pulling the barbed in out the top and then cutting the barb,i wouldn't have thought of that today,old man coulter must have had previous experience at that,like getting one in the finger or something.think your suppose to pull barbed arrows through if you want to keep it.

i had a johnson reel to,but a mid sixties model,it was green and it beat those sorry zebco 202's by a long shot.

guess i misunderstood about the stories,i thought they would appear below first then move up top,i've got a couple to read i guess.

when I see they are story's and not jokes and such. I have been leaving them for one month and then I turn them loose and they go back to their original position.

It is not good to have someone work on a story and have it gone in a couple hours on a good joke day :D I just watch for the red "NEW" lable and then click on them.

n/t

Was this the same color as the one that you had? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 12807 DSC00855.JPG]

n/t

Never had a dog get hooked with a fishing lure but my youngest daughters big tom cat got caught on one. My nephew and I were going Bass fishing early on a Saturday morning so Friday afternoon we loaded a 10 foot john boat in the back of my old 65 chevy van and piled our fishing equipment inside it. The boat stuck out the back and the doors wouldn't close so I just tied them together with a rope. I had a shyster on one of the fishing poles that had a 14 lb test line on it. The next morning before we left my wife let the cat in to feed it and it had the shyster hanging out the corner of its mouth. I cut the hook off and pulled it out with pliers but even though we wrapped the cat up in a small throw rug before I started my nephew and I both got scratched up pretty badly. You ain't had no fun until you try to get a fish hook out of a mad cats mouth. He pulled the fishing rod out of the boat and van and broke the line, always wondered what kind of fight he would have put up if I reeled him in:).

amazing how dogs become attached instantly.They sense right off,who to befriend,and who stay away from! Like a little kid,they know when your trying to help them,and you can actually see them "smile" afterwards. Will try to post a photo of Moose in a few days. Rj