Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my dilemma is over purchased an e-trac

dirtdog1

Hi friendly metal detectors

My dilemma is over My choice between a v3i or e-trac I chose e- trac I did a lot of studying and research and found that the e-trac would be my best option I have been watching a lot are you tube videos and reading my books in between snowstorms when the grass is green I've been out trying to figure it out having fun learning it I probly will be asking questions

Sounds like you have picked two great machines. Do a little research on this and the V3i forums. See which forum post more sliver. The Minelab E-Trac is one silver sucking machine.

Feel free to give me a call with questions. Love to help you!

:clapping:Hello there Dirtdog.....Welcome to the friendliest forum in cyber-space....:detecting:

There are plenty of good guys here who will gladly share their experience with you.

"All the best".................TheMarshall....::goodnight:

In case you try and second guess yourself. I have both machines. Here's my honest opinion. The etrac is the better coin/silver detector. It has a smaller learning curve to start digging deep 8+ inches. It IDs deep targets better. It's slightly lighter. You will get more time with the etrac actually detecting versus trying to ground balance and rid EMI not to mention figuring out how to set the V3i up to see deep coins at your different sites. I saw a post the other day that sums up the comparison between the two. The V3i when set correctly for optimum performance may actually beat the etrac; however, that perfect setting may be like waiting for all the stars to align themselves- while you're waiting for them to align your bud is filling his pouch with silver using an etrac. Unless you're a dedicated small gold hunter, you made the right choice. Besides, you can always get a v3i or whatever flagship white's puts out next at a later date. Cheers and good luck. I think you will enjoy it.