Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY DAY AT THE BEACH

brnhn4

I WENT TO THE LOCAL BEACH FOR THE SECOND TIME WITH MY QUATTRO, I WAS THINKING POSITIVE ON THE WAY DOWN ABOUT WHAT A GOOD DAY IT WAS GOING TO BE. UPON OUR ARRIVAL I NOTICED IT WAS GOING TO BE A NICE SUNNY DAY WITH THE TEMP. AT ABOUT 85. I LOOKED AROUND AND SAW A LOT OF SURFERS. I GRABBED MY QUATTRO OUT OF THE TRUCK AND SET IT ALL UP AND HEADED FOR THE SAND. WHEN I HIT THE SAND I TURNED ON THE QUATTRO AND GROUND BALANCED AND THEN HEADED OUT ON MY WAY. APPROXIMATELY TEN MINUTES LATER I GOT A NICE SIGNAL READING A QUARTER. I SLOWED DOWN MY SWEEPS TO GET A MORE ACCURATE AREA OF WHERE THE QUARTER MIGHT BE WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY SCREEN WENT COMPLETELY BLANK. I THOUGHT TO MYSELF WHAT HAPPENED, I KNOW THE BATTERY IS FRESH I CHARGED IT ALL NIGHT AND THE BATTERY ICON READ AT FULL. I STOPPED PULLED THE BATTERY OUT AND REINSERTED THE BATTERY AND PUSHED POWER AND NOTHING. I WENT BACK TO MY FRIENDS TRUCK AND GRABBED MY BACKUP BATTERY AND PUT IT IN AND STILL NOTHING. NOW I AM STARTING TO GET A LITTLE ANGRY. I TOOK MY QUATTRO APART THINKING SOME SAND GOT IN SOMEWHERE AND JUST CAUSED A TEMPORARY SHORT. I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND STILL WOULD NOT COME ON. NOW I AM THINKING GREAT, I SPEND 2 HOURS GETTING HERE AND THIS HAPPENS WITH A MACHINE THAT I HAVE FOR 2 MONTHS! WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP! I SPEND OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THIS IS WHAT I GET! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! NOW REALITY STARTS TO SET IN. GREAT I DON'T HAVE A BACKUP, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHILE MY FRIENDS GO OUT HUNTING THE REST OF THE DAY (SIT IN TRUCK AND CRY). I THEN REALIZED THAT MY BUDDY WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW HE KEEPS HIS XTERRA 50 WITH HIM AS HIS BACKUP. I GRAB MY BUDDYS XTERRA AND HEAD OUT TO THE SAND TO TRY AND SALVAGE SOME PART OF THE MORNING. AT THE END OF THE DAY MY TOTAL WAS 1 BROKEN QUATTRO, $3.74 IN MISC. CHANGE, 0 JEWELRY AND, 1 CELL PHONE AND 1 OZ. OF PRIDE KNOWING THAT THE DAY WAS NOT A TOTAL LOSS, I STILL HAD A GREAT TIME AND REALIZED THAT MY QUATTRO IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY AND THAT I NEED TO GET A BACKUP DETECTOR FOR THE DAYS TO COME THAT WILL BE LIKE THIS. THANKS TO ALL THAT FIND THIS AS FUNNY AS I DO AND THANK YOU FOR READING MY FABULOUS ADVENTURES OF BRNHN4.

and reading your story, I almost felt the utter fustration myself of imagining having a detector that did not work! This has got to be a fluke for the Quattro, unless I'm wrong. Hope you get the detector fixed, because truly, it'll be worth it in the end run. Trust me!
HH Golden:):minelab::twodetecting:

Hi Golden, imagine my frustration (lol), I never thought this would happen with such a good quality machine and company. And to think I almost missed the deadline to turn in my warranty paperwork. Trust me, I am not giving up, I think this is just a minor set back for future finds, I only have to go up from here.

I've never even heard of a Quatro going bad, but I guess it's possible. Thank God for the extended warranty if you have it. Did you check all your connections, battery wise? Is there any crud on the ends, or bent springs, or whatever? I can sure feel for you and I hope you get it straightened out. Please get back on the forum and let us know what it is when you find out because we all, being Quatro owners, might be able to benefit from the info. I'm just plain curious about the problem. In my opinion, the Quatro is worth the money, so I'd say, get it fixed if you can, it's worth it, but please, let us know what happens.;)