Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My daughter shipped her vaulting horse home today.

George-CT

He left Charleston, SC yesterday at 7:00 PM and was in my yard today at 1:00. Pretty tired she was but in good shape. Heidi will be coming home in about 2 weeks also. Meantime we have another horse to play with. Good size animal. She is a Percheron and Clydesdale cross. Rugged horse and gentle as they come. She teaches vaulting with her and not a mean bone in her body.

George

I bet it eats alot too! :rofl: How tall is it and what do you estimate it's weight? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I though they were a pulling horse and never realized they were used for jumpers. What do I know:shrug: Nice horse. You say she had it shipped up. What is involved with shipping a horse? UPS

n/t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4fqXsAqmU

and here is a better description of all that is involved in it better than I could write... My daughter started it a young age and enjoyes teaching it to kids. They had a good vaulting team while she was active in the 4-H and took it to Kentucky on the big 4-H event there. Her and my wife had a ball there for a week. The most gentle horse I've been around. She don't care for our water yet, but we put molasses in it and she is drinking now but still don't care for it yet. Not sure if its just to cold for her, water is warm in Charleston, SC and to me taste like sulfur, but up here its very cold and much different taste. We gave her electrolytes also so she will be fine...

Huge feet. I'll take some better pictures of her later or when Heidi gets back up here in 2 weeks. She will be working her....they use her on the trail also. Believe it or not, the people that first had her got her for dressage, but she is sure not what we are used to seeing in dressage.

We had a friend that was headed to Florida to pick up a bunch of horses and he had and empty spot in the trailer. so he told us he would pick her up on the way back up. He called yesterday and says, Hey, I'm about 1/2 hour from Heidi, can she be ready. We called her, she was at the big tennis meet in in Isle of Palms, SC. They let her leave and 45 minutes she was loaded and on her way home. They drive straight thru so she got here at 1:00 yesterday. She was laying down this morning. Pretty tired girl....
We were going to drive down and get pick her up for Heidi, but my buddy offered so no point in putting all that time on the road if you don't have to. It would have been 2 days down for me and 2 back. We usually stop at a horse place we know and stay overnight...easier on the horse and us....not to mention about $750 bucks for fuel....

My wife has a smile from ear to ear, she is getting her riding partner back up north... We may still fly down and drive up with her as she is pulling up her jeep with her truck and a motorcycle. Air Force ships the rest up..... I'm thinking, he lets take a short cut Skyline drive and the Blueridge Parkway, I'll follow on the bike......Beautiful ride thru the mountains...... All this is happening fast than expected as she had 51 days of leave still available, so she gets to leave April 25 but her time is really up June 19. She will be going to UCONN here to finish her degree, then go back in as a commissioned officer like my son George did, fact he helped set most of his up. Meantime They need a Jet engine tech at his base at his base in the civil service so she is jumping on that for the summer.
They need a level 5 tech, and she is Level 7, so they snapped her up.

Busy girl for sure.... She is like having a capture tornado in your house.... Always flat out.......Full of hell and always laughing. I miss that part actually.....

George-CT

you need a stout horse to move so calmly, steadily and easily with about 400 lbs on its back!
Great that you have Heidi back for a while.

No wonder a big horse is needed

Heidi likes everything she see's just about. Bikes, quads, horses in all displines, be it dressage, hunter jumper, vaulting, trail riding or training new ones. A horse, a truck, a bike in the back and she is a happy camper. Her soon to be X husband had her Jeep. I just got the back for her last week once I found him. The Jeep is in her yard. He is walking in Colorado... He made the mistake of saying, let me see ya get....that was a fair challenge to me. She had the title so making a key for it was simple. Life is good....

Geo

did not understand what a "vaulting horse" was. This was very impressive George! Even though you make jokes about your daughter, one can tell just by your posting that you are looking forward to her being home again!. I think it's called having your "daddy wrapped around your little finger"syndrome! :lol: As it should be with any girl and dad! Thanks for letting us all see this, and tell Heidi good luck with her students! :)

the fun one. What ever you were doing, she wanted to be a part of it. She could be a tom boy or a classy lady. Whatever was required.
Both myself and my wife really missed her but never tried to let it show. Always wanted her to follow her dreams. Right now her dream of going back to school and go back in as a commissioned officer puts her right back here in Connecticut, just as it did my older son George who is a Major now also. He has helped Heidi a lot make the right moves. I don't worry about those 2 at all, they have a can do attitude. The other 3 are a little more cautious and move at a slower pace. No complaints with any of them but these 2 scare you sometimes with the speed they make decisions. My wife can't wait for her to come home. We sent here a ramson note yesterday, that we were holding her horse hostage now until she arrives here. she and my wife are like Fred, they really love their horses and the proper care of them.

George-CT

I have raised three daughters who are so different! No two are the same. Still, they all turned out great, and I enjoy them as much as adults as I did when they were growing up,.......maybe more so! You guys have a great time together! :)