Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My daughter keeps marching forward.

George-CT

My daughter Heidi was officially discharged from the Air Force yesterday after a 6 year tour. Today, she signed up again for 6 more years with the Connecticut Air National Guard. 20K bonus, full free UCONN college program and then go back in as a commissioned
officer. Meantime she interviewed today for a Full time Civil Service Tech on Jet engines as the Team Leader. We went up to see her take the oath again. That's my son George swearing her in. They needed a full Level 7 tech and she had. She had a nice job offer from Gulf Stream also as a Jet Engine Tech. She still tossing it around in her head. Longer drive to work but a much nicer plane to work on. Gulf Stream is owned now by General Dynamics. Most of their planes are corporate jets, Rolls Royce engines etc, very plush. This base just took on full repairs for the A-10 Warthog engines or T-34 engine. Much smaller than the C-17's engine but work the same. They were telling her its rare to get a Active duty person right away. Usually they have to spend major money to train them.

My son runs the Intel shop there and just Made Lt. Col but can't put the stripes on yet. Weird to have them both close by. Hope it stays that way. They have been to Iraq 2 times now.

Anyhow, proud daddy here of both of them.

George-CT

n/t

You and your wife did an outstanding job raising those two kids...you are entitled to be proud of them and I am happy for all of you. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t