Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Daughter-in-Law received a pleasant surprise today............

Kelley (Texas)

Heather is a "fifth grade" school teacher at a school in San Antonio. All year long, she has been working with a young boy that was always shy around other students...teaching him to be part of the class. His father is a military doctor serving in Iraq and the mother is also a military doctor, but serving at the military hospital here in San Antonio. Through Heather's efforts, the young boy is no longer shy and has found out that the other kids like and enjoy him as much as he likes and enjoys them.

This afternoon, while Heather was holding class, she was informed that the Principal wanted to see the young boy. She sent him to see the Principal while she continued teaching the other children. After a few minutes, the young boy returned...the Principal and boy's mother was with him. They had a gift for Heather and presented it to her in front of the entire class. this was a special gift sent from Iraq by the boy's Father. The gift was a U.S. Flag that had been flown on a flag pole in Iraq. Heather was speechless as the young boy handed it to her, giving her a big hug. Needless to say, we are proud of Heather! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 125361 HeathersFlag_1.jpg]

[attachment 125362 HeathersFlag_2.jpg]

[attachment 125363 HeathersFlag_3.jpg]

[attachment 125364 HeathersFlag_5.jpg]

Friend Kelley,

This young woman is one of the "real" teachers in life that has a wonderfully positive influence on her charges.

May God continue to bless and guide her for all her days,

Cupajo

There are many teachers that really care about their students. I fear that to many it is just a paycheck but your daughter-in-law doesn't seem to be one of them.

It is good to see one that cares get recognized in that way

recognized a problem, and did something about it! He is also fortunate to have parents who recognized something different in their son's personality, and care. Heather will always be special to that boy, for the rest of his life.:thumbup:

rare find today. I was lucky to find some while in school and your right, I still remember them today. They did make a difference for me and I'm sure many others. Good to see there are still teachers like her around.

George-CT

it is really nice to hear there are some teachers around that think for themselves:clap::clap: