Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My daughter Heidi arrived home so we went out on

George-CT

the bikes yesterday. We went for her to sign up for the Air Guard here in Connecticut. Thats a 20 grand bonus for her for 6 years plus UCONN is hers for free while she gets her Masters. At that point she will go back active duty. She has a game plan for sure. They were also looking for contract workers there on the T-34 jet engine which she has that and more. Just have to see if it fits in with her schooling at UCONN.

Sure was nice to have my riding partner back home. She races her bike you see her one. One very tricked out road rig. I ride the cruiser. We had a blast going up there as its a 60 mile run up one way. Beautiful day as you can see. On the base we had to have full skin coverage and safety vest to ride the bikes around the base.

We came back thru a real country road that was all twist and turns for about 25 miles along a river. Beautiful ride and fun for her as where she was in Charleston, SC its all flat straight roads. She was putting that little rocket thru what it was made for...

We will be getting more pictures as we roam around and will post them here.....Sure glad she is home for awhile..Jane & I really missed her.

Here are a few shots I took while on base......

George

you must be very proud of her. Looking forward to more pictures. :thumbup:

n/t

the A-10 Warthog. Those were my sons planes. They just sent out the last of them back to Another Air Force base. His base now does all the engine repair of the T-34 jet engine as they were considered the fastest and the least amount of return problems on them. They now do the majority of the T-34 engine repairs. Thats where my daughter comes in, as she taught that engine along with 3 others.
There are 2 slots open at this base for Engine repair team leader and Repair Tech. Not many have her level 10 experience and if they do go into the private sector. She wanted to be back home for awhile with us, so this was a golden opportunity for her to get a big bonus check, come back to Connecticut for awhile, finish her education and get that commissioned officer slot like my son George III did.

My son just took over the Intel section at this base and is now a Lt Colonel. Good move for him as he has in 21.5 years and is still only 40 years old. He puts that cluster on the end of the month. He is guiding her in the good and bad moves and likely scenario's down the road with the military.

All their Warthogs here had just been all upgraded and they were slated to take them over for a second tour in Irag only based in Aviano Italy. The Air force did grab them and gave them the new C-21 and C-27's coming out... Pretty sleak jet. I should have taken some pictures close of it as we were all over them while there but left my camera in the bike saddle bags. Next week.... they just got in 10 news and keep them all inside so I didn't notice them or would have brought the camera in there.

oops, wait one, my son just sent me up a quick picture of there new plane. The engine work on these is all outside contract.... picture attached...... They run here now a high priority airlift movement program. They fly anywhere any time.

I could not be more proud of either of them. They both had other choices and choose to serve.

George-CT

hoping. She refuses to let us get old. Its like having a drill Sargent at home. My prefers the White tornado description. Never at idle speed it seems.... Flat out all the time.... I get amazed at times, as she can dress the little lady one minute, and be happy in work clothes the next working on anything with and engine it it, with more grease on her than me. She cleans up very well. She loves horses and is trying move up in her training program with that also but she and my wife used to do all the horse shows, hunter/jumper, trail courses, eventing and dressage.... She does a lot of vaulting on horses also but lately, life gets in the way of alot of these hobbies....

Like all of us here, we are very proud of our kids..... Thanks for nice comments........ Geo-CT

when my oldest daughter was born, you will send the first 18 years of your children's life waiting on them, then the rest of your life waiting for them to come home, didn't quit catch it at the time, but it rings so true today. George you got a lot to be proud of there. Hope you many more happy days, and lots of time with the family.