Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My CZ70 is Chirping like a Canary any Ideas?

Wilhelm

I have been using it with a sens. of 4 but today it started chirping. The only way
to get it to stop is drop the sens. down to 2. Hope I don't have to send it in for
repairs. Was working a school yard and it was able to pick up 2.50 on the 2 setting.

too far which can short out the coil leads.

HH Tom

Kind of weird, I strapped it to my Trike today and this started to happen. Took the coil connector off and
it started to operate just fine. Strange at a 2 sens it was fine. Hope this was the cure and I did pull on the
connector spring like you said.

That would do it, depending on the unit, mine a CZ70 had 2 bars showing out of 3
so the battery was not the problem. Took the cable loose and pulled on the spring
and it seemed to cure whatever was wrong.

A faulty solder joint at the coil connector. Any electronics shop could easily test and repair if indeed one is bad...Years ago when I hipmounted a lot had to do the prementioned. Wouldn't attempt to solder myself unless you have a tester and proper tools as solder joint can look good but not making a solid connection.

If you have a coil cover then you might have conductive particles trapped in there that will shift around when you swing the coil. I have had this problem. If you think this might be the case then all I can say is good luck getting the cover off because it can be pretty tough to do.