Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My CZ20 took a drink of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman44

Last summer I took my cz20 in the water. I found a silver ring, and soon after saw bubles comming out of the machine. I took it back to the hotel and loosend the compartment. I could have cried when water came out of the unit. I left the compartment slightly opened and let it dry out for several weeks. I was surprised that it powered up. I bought this unit used and only used it for a few times. WHAT SHOULD I DO. Is it still under any warranty. If I cant use it in the water, I will still use it on land. I would like to get it waterproofed. I enjoyed using it, and would like to continue learning how to use the cz20. Yes I do know it is old, but if their is a chance it can go back in the water, I would be very happy.

Sending in to Fisher is going to cost $300 to have it upgraded to a 21. It remedies a lot of the leaking issues with the 20. It may just be a bad battery gasket seal.

Ok which compartment are we talking about?? If its the battery compartment a seal and or a new door might be the answer. If the main unit, you have to send it back.

If its the battery compartment look VERY close when you tighten each of the two screws. If you see the plastic crack ANYWHERE by the screw holes you need a new door.

Also if you get a new seal, coat it with a VERY thin coat of silicone grease.

And don't over tighten the screws.

I should have been more specific. It was not the battery compartment. But the main housing. As I said, it was bought used. Do I have to send fisher my owners information? It sounds like it may be in warranty, but may cost for the upgrade, is this correct. I would love to get this machine fixed. Fisher owners really seem to like this machine. I would like to use it again in the water. Thank you for all your replies.

If you send it in they are not going to touch it unless you do the upgrade. It is worth it IMO.

Yes its worth the upgrade BUT I think it can be done for less if you DON'T want a pinpoint button. I find them a waste of time and had mine disabled BUT I dive and I can tell where the target is ALL the time. Call Fisher Labs and talk to Felix. 1-800-685-5050

He will have all the answers for you.