Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Coin$trike is arriving today.

My Coin$trike is arriving today. I've owned many different Tesoros , a Garret 2500 , and an E-Trac. I currently own a T-2 and an X-Terra 705 , but I am going to sell my 705 to a friend of mine who wants it pretty bad. That will leave me with my T-2 and Coin$trike. I've never owned a Fisher before ( or Whites ) , but by the looks of it this forum will help me with the learning curve considerably. I'm going to go back and read all the threads on this forum about the Coin$trike and hopefully I will feel confident enough to use it this weekend - maybe on a local ski hill. CoinShooter-Craig

Was digging lots of deep ring tabs for awhile last night ( since I found a few gold rings in this park) then decided to coin shoot. I forgot how easy it was with the C$. Set it up 620 ( sens 6, threshold -20), no tracking, nothing notched, iron discrim on 99. Never dug any iron and only dug the repeatable high tones. Found a bunch of clad, and for kicks, dug 2 deep ( 12-13 inches ) shot gun shell caps that were hitting in the mid to high 20's. I can run the C$ with higher settings at this park, but I wanted it quiet and smooth.

The C$ was repeating high tones and the numbers did not deviate by 1 or 2 on the clad. When the numbers were the coin range, it was coin 90% of the time.

Any time that number went negative, I moved on. Simple.

You will have fun with the C$. Even if the machine is a chattering a bit on the higher settings, you cannot mistake a solid hit. Run it low for awhile as it still goes plenty deep at the 535 or 525 settings.

JC

Good luck Craig the only thing I don't like about the Coin$trike are the tones.
They seem to close together and are all low.
I wish the high tone was like the CZ-3D.
That's my only complaint it goes deep.