Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Coil leaks..!

fastdraw

I've never had my control box in the water, but in the last year I've had the coil about two feet under the water, with no problems until last weekend. my machine stopped working when it was in the water for a couple of minutes. but after it has thoroughly dried out over the past couple of days it now seems to be working again. so now I know that I can never put it back into the water

call Minelab and get a replacement

Just let ML know and they might even send you one while you’re still using the defective one(out of the water). I have actually heard of a similar thing happening...then they will include a RMA for you to send the old one back. Don’t hold me to this, just something that happened to someone else I know with a different ML machine. This is actually the first EQX coil I’ve heard of that might have a water intrusion issue. Things happen in mass production, sometimes one of us gets that sour lemon. Gotta grab that sugar and make lemonade! Good luck...

Just let ML know and they might even send you one while you’re still using the defective one(out of the water). I have actually heard of a similar thing happening...then they will include a RMA for you to send the old one back. Don’t hold me to this, just something that happened to someone else I know with a different ML machine. This is actually the first EQX coil I’ve heard of that might have a water intrusion issue. Things happen in mass production, sometimes one of us gets that sour lemon. Gotta grab that sugar and make lemonade! Good luck...
That probably won't happen you will have to send in the whole detector for them to check out both coil and controller mine quit working I knew my coil was fine because I tested it on my fathers 800.
But they wanted to have me send the whole detector in the problem is there was a 6 week turn around on repairs.
Mark

Good advice.. I'll do just as you suggested

Good advice.. I'll do just as you suggested

I had broken an ear on my 800 coil. I was out of the country and my wife was going to bring me the new one. Minelab would not send me a new coil, I even offered to pay for it and when I sent the broken one back they could refund me.

If you truly think it is the coil, Minelab will not ask for your powerhead. They can submerse and test there. You might get a fast turn around if you just need a coil.