Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My butt is dragging :(

Royal

Last week Mary and I went for a hike at Wakley Lake Foot Trail area. I posted about it and some pictures. When we were finished my butt was a dragging and so was Mary's, in fact I doubt I will get her out there again :(

I wanted to know how far we had gone but had not taken my GPS along so today I decided to go again and see how far it was. It is a rather hilly area but nothing terrible but the deer flys were again a pain in the azz.

That GPS is a wonderful thing. It showed my average speed was 2 mph, total hike was 4.8 miles and the elevation change during the hike was a hundred ft, which was plenty for me.

I was happy to see my scooter at the end of the trail.

Maybe not much of a hike for you young brats but enough for me today :D

[attachment 98333 Wakley-Lake.jpg]

[attachment 98339 IMG_6560_1.jpg]

[attachment 98340 IMG_6572_1.jpg]

[attachment 98341 IMG_6573_1.jpg]

[attachment 98342 IMG_6577_1.jpg]

Those long hikes get to me now also. Mostly the lower back coming up the hills. I never had that until about a year ago. Now I try to run the course so that I'm more downhill then uphill.... Yeah, that GPs gives you back a lot of info when you take the time to lean it all. Great little tool for sure. Did you try the part where after you run the course it will tell you the acreage in side your hike boundary and or show you the side profile... Neat on big hills.......

Geo

trying to find where I just put in the coordinates manuallyy. I normally do it with my computer but I have to punch them in Manually for one cashe that is not on the numbers and can not find where I do it. Now I have to find my dang book

n/t

Seriously Royal, very nice looking area.. One day I will haver the time to do that!!

fair winds

Mikie