Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Biggest Find!

Dirt NC

This afternoon while checking out an overgrown property I swung my 1350 over a briar thicket and got a loud hit. Upon further investagation I was suprised to find this mountain bike. It's a little tattered but very fixable.

True, true. I saw one today, off in the middle of nothing. One assumes it didnt ride itself there, so the hand of man must be on it -but there it was.

Treks are bicycle shop only bikes. A lot better then the crap bikes you get at Walmart and Target so consider you find a good one. Judging from the components it looks about to be around 10 years old. That bike will come in handy the next time gas prices jump.
When you straddle the top tube and you have around 2-3 inches of air between it and the boys you should have no problem riding it on the mountain trails. Take you detector with you. Beats walking.
If you plan on just recreation rides around town on pavement an inch will be okay.

i dont think that it was stolen. the shift cable is broken, leaving the bike stuck in high gear. there are also some other problems with it. i figured some kid left it there and never came back for it. i called the police a few years back about a dump truck that i had found stashed deep in the woods. my trying to help them out ended in ME being the prime suspect in a grand theft auto case. they even went so far as to detain me for questioning for 3 hours. i don't want that to happen again. i had three options on this bike. 1. call the cops. 2. leave it where i found it to further deteriorate. 3. throw it in the back of my truck and take it home. i chose option 3. when i get everything fixed on it i will put it to good use for my detecting.

I know how you feel. I saw a fire and pulled the fire alarm when I was in high school. I was the prime suspect. They were relentless.

Dang what kind of cops do you have - terminally retarded? I don't blame you. The bike was probably dumped. Hope you can fix it up.

Bill

the town that i live in is a small one with our very own P.D. turns out they had been looking for that dumptruck for a month or more. they wanted to know exactly what i was doing way down that powerline right of way. when i told them that i was just fourwheeling they acted like they didn't believe me. i guess that they were upset because i did by accident what they couldn't do on purpose. another case of guilty until proven innocent. kind of makes you skiddish when thinking of calling them about a found object.

Well you know what a pain it is to deal with brain dead bureaucrats. One must remember that a cop is nothing more than a bureaucrat with a badge and a gun. I've had to deal with some real dumb ones. Our cops here are bad for shooting and killing unarmed citizens and getting away with it.

They shot and killed a young kid the other day. He was mentally disturbed and had a knife but was up against four big chicken sh%t cops who were afraid of their own shadow. They could have taken him down easily yet it was easier to shoot him. Most cops are yellow to the core and scared to death of everything.

Bill