Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Beach Hunt

monoman

hi guys/girls went to the beach with a friend he had an explorer and me with my 250 we both are gold prospectors as well so we know the old saying low and slow is the way to go so when we seen a guy walking up the beach swinging his detector like there was no tomorrow really fast with the coil about 2 inches off the sand we both looked at each other and said he wont find a thing he was doing his own type of gridding snaking his way up and down the sand and lifting his coil at each swing so what i did was followed his tracks to see if he had left anything behind i was right i found $2.50 lol we came across him later in the day asked how he went found a couple of dollars that's all my mate and i tried to tell him what he was doing wrong he was all eares and as he left it was like we spoke to a brick wall as he walked off he was swinging that detector faster than Tarzan can swing in the trees so you can try to help people but any way my day wasn't any better as i only found a few dollars as well also found a 1943 penny my mate did better.so my point is do you try to help someone give them some tips or do you just ignore what they are doing thanks MM

Just rub your hands together with glee!:detecting: Think of all those coins and other fantastic targets that he has left behind just for you.I did a beach hunt a couple of weeks back and the lifeguard told me that quite a few had hit that beach the previous afternoon. They must have used their detectors like the guy you tried to help. I found $24.:devil: Next time someone tells you that a place has been hit, just remember this guy and hunt it anyway.
Mick Evans.

I have tried to help pepole in how they use there detctors a few times like you did.
They agree with what you say but still go back to their old habits.
From now on if they ask for advice and really mean it I'll help.
The swinger and golfers I just say to myself thank you for leaving the treasures behind for me.:thumbup:

Most people hunt to fast, and they will leave a lot of stuff, i beach hunt once a month, and i know lots of other tectors hit the same area,
but i still find a lot of good stuff, and trash have not been to bad since the others dig the caps and foil pouchs, kind of clean the area for me so i can spend time locating the weird hits,
and also i always tell the nosie people i have not found anything and im out for my health,

Happy Hunting
Bob