Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My audio without my ear phones pluged in has dropped way off. With the ear phones plugged in no problem.

Tinfoil

It has been that way for a while. I always use headphones. However in the woods I like to use no phones due to the snakes and Wild Russian Bores that are around. Those pigs have one bad attitude and I always carry my pistole with me. I am wondering if the headphone jack being corroded would cause the loss and decrease of the audio or do you think I will have to send it to whites to get fixed????? Has anyone else ever had this problem and what did you do to fix the problem. Thanks in advance. :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Jerry, the problem could well be the jack. I never had the problem on the MXT but it did happen to my 6000 DI Series 3. Rob

My best guess would be the speaker Jerry. The phone jack is a PC mount jack, so there is not much than can go wrong unless a solder point is coming loose. A little contact spray squirted inside of the jack might not hurt but the contact is either made or not, nothing to lower the volume on the speaker I wouldn't think. The fix might be as simple as a call to Todd in service for a new speaker instead of sending it in. (He might have other advise too) I can't remember if the speaker is a plug in or a solder in, either way it should be a no-brainer. That is where I would start. If that doesn't work, I would have to guess the problem is in the audio amp, but not likely, or it would affect the headphone use.........:shrug:

Will let you guys know what I find. I sort of think I got some broken wires on a solder joint somewhere that has to do with the audio. Wires might not all be broken just a few still connected. Thanks again for your responces. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hi tinfoil

Surfing around I read your post and joined so I could respond. I had the same problem last week. I hadn't used my MXT for some time but now being retired pulled her out and fired her up to hunt a new spot. I like hunting without headphones some times and couldn't hear the threshold. BUMMER, tore the thing apart thinking the wire on the jack was bad but no. Put the headphone on and all is good. After reading Larry's reply, I bet the darn speaker is bad.
Well, the speaker will have to wait, the new spot has producing 3 great finds, (1) walking liberty half 1944, (1) Washington half 1961, and a GOLD ring with hearts that fits the wife. I can't believe no other coins, no penny's, dimes, bottle caps or pull tabs, just SILVER HALFS. Got skunked today at new spot, think I need a coil for a little more depth, any input anyone?

steve