Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT300 outing

Lunker Hunter

Hey Guys I've been out 2 times already still some frozen ground here and there also lots of snow cant wait for all of it to be gone,I went out yesterday and got 63 in clad and today i got 89 in clad and one 1950 Wheatie. I've had the detector 2 weeks now still learning how to use it, well i sure am lucky with those pop caps, slowly i'm learning those VDI numbers like caps are above 20 and nickels and rings hit 18 all day.i still did those high numbers just in case.

Very nice hunts . That's what it takes to learn your MXT is practice and more practice and pretty soon you will have it all figured out and it will become second nature to you ..Nice finds for the weather and for you just learning your machine it will be a lot better when the weather and ground conditions get better for you . congrats

Harold

Thanks guys.Heading out in a few Hours Ill let you guys know what i find.

You're doing exactly what it takes to learn your MXT. You're off to a great start and hopefully we'll all be able to get out and do some good hunting in warmer weather. Thanks for posting and keep up the great detecting! HH, Nancy

Todays Finds,all in all good fun just really muddy

5 Clad quarters
6 clad dimes
10 clad pennies
2 wheat cents(1951d) and (1953D or O cant tell)
and a batting cage token LOL

Not too shabby at all. Good for you and we never knew what type of tokens those were before. Just figured it was for some type of kid's game. We find quite a few around here. I hear mud makes a great skin revitaliser. :crazy: It's still too muddy for me, but we'll be out soon. Come on Spring! HH, Nancy

I have a question for all of you MXT veterans,i have 3 or 4 times gotten a signal at +80s VDI and when i pinponit it says 3" but when i dig i cant find the item and its deeper than 3", is it just a large item confusing the detector?, thank you in advance. Thanks Nancy,well weather should be better next week, this week looks like rain and more rain.

Yes, more than likely it's a deep large target. I'll tell Larry "It's probably that old Studebaker". :rofl: Many large deep targets will read like that. A pipe, bucket, pop can, etc. The more you did, the louder it gets and pretty soon you're up to your elbows in dirt and nothing to show. You're learning!!! :thumbup: HH, Nancy

Thanks Nancy and tell Larry Ill be ordering the MXT edge from him in the coming weeks.

Re: MXT300 outing New
Posted by: Lunker Hunter [ Send a Message ]
Date: March 08, 2010 05:25PM Registered: 3 months ago

I have a question for all of you MXT veterans,i have 3 or 4 times gotten a signal at +80s VDI and when i pinponit it says 3" but when i dig i cant find the item and its deeper than 3", is it just a large item confusing the detector?, thank you in advance. Thanks Nancy,well weather should be better next week, this week looks like rain and more rain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunker Hunter

When I hit one of those targets and dig the three inches and nothing..:confused:.. I rescan the target and raise the coil :detecting:
If I'm still getting a signal as the coil raises up to say about 6" I figure it's a can or some other large thing and cover my hole and move on.
But if you in a place that there may be a buried cache of coins it needs to be dug... you never know.

Good luck and HH

Hey thanks, you know its funny you say that, because most of the time i want to continue digging, where i was yesterday has been populated since 1839 and its next to a pond that is not there anymore.i turned down the sensitivity and i was still getting the quarter reading so who knows.

Maybe it's an aluminum boat:rofl: