Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT

daydreamer

I bought my mxt about a month ago.I think its going to pay off for me.SO far i have only used the coin an jewlery mode.the places i have hunted,are the local parks and a soccer complex.I have found 1 wheat penny,$8.36in copper an zinc pennies,$4.25 in nickles,$12.30in dimes,$$22.75 in quarters,3 baseball tokens for pitching machine,2silver rings,1 14kt gold mans wedding band,and of coarse all the normal trash.I STARTED WITH THE STOCK COIL FOR ABOUT A WEEK THEN SWITCHED TO THE 5INCH EXCELARATER COIL.Which i bought at the time of purchace of the mxt.It doses a much better job in the trashy areas at the parks.Found the 3 rings and most of the money with it.Been detecting about 30 years off an on.I have to say out of all the detecters i have owned the MXT is by far the best all round detector that i have used.

Glad to hear that. I just ordered one but did not get the 5" coil. I am not sure if I should get the 5" round or one of the eliptical ones. I have heard that its actually not 5", its 6" or is that another model? I will definately need one though.

I found the 5" EXcelerator to be the absolute best dense trash coil on the MXT. You're doing great!

Monte

White's 5.3 Eclipse coil is a concentric design and is in the same housing as the three (3) coils they made for their 6.59 kHz models.

Those are the Blue Max 600 which was replaced by the 5.3 Black Max and that was replaced by the 5.3 BullsEye. All there use the same 6

I have the 5.3 coil from Whites, and it does a great job. I can't speak for the other coils, but I use the 5.3 all the time, as I'm usually in moderate to heavy trash sites.

I got a package deal from my dealer for the 1400 and 5.3 so I went with that.

Regards,

Kenfen

So either the 5" excelerator or the 5.3 eclipse would be good choices for Coin/Jewelry hunting, What good is the 9.5 coil that comes with the MXT? Relics?

General hunting in areas of lower trash. U have to use a smaller coil in severely trashy areas. By the way we use the 8 " excelerator coil along side with the 5" excel. Don't use the stock at all. HH

I see very few people in the clubs that I am in (3) who hunt with a stock 950 on an MXT or DFX or XLT or XL Pro or IDX Pro. Most are using something in the 6

The 8in.and 18 in. EXcellerator plus the Whites 5.3in Con. Their Smallest Double D PLUS the 14in Double D--Which do I use the most---8in EXcellerator and Whites Smallest loop.

Dont use the stock coil at all? OMG, So I have to buy a 5" and an 8", this is getting D#$% expensive. :( Oh well, Its fun.......:)

Congrats on your success Daydreamer! The 5" Excel.coil is a gem when used in the right situations and your proving that. I do alot of cw relic hunting and when I get in an area with heavy concentration of iron, I downscale to the 5" Excel. coil and it does wonders! Take care. :)