Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT vs Etrac at the Beach

JimmyD

I finally got a chance to run my MXT and Etrac at several FL beaches. I was curious what the Etrac would do since I had never run it before. I spent a total of 12 hours hunting and the beaches were really sanded in. I would walk miles and hit an occasional zincoln and virtually no trash. The MXT wtih 10x12 SEF coil has been a good beach detector for me and is simple and clear. The etrac seemed to love the Zincolns and clad. Well this is an unscientific test but the WINNER was MXT...... 9.5 grams of 14K Gold. Etrac a big zero. That being said I have a lot of reading in Andy's book to do. I am sure the etrac could do better but I still find my self enjoying the MXT more.

Wow ------- :clapping: Great find !!! Awesome find.... CCH

The good old MXT kicks a** again. GO MXT!

Fantastic find. :wiggle: That's at least a $250 ring. And that's at scrap pricing too. WOW! HH, Nancy

I don't own an Etrac.....
I love my MXT, but it still comes down to running your coil over the target.
I think for all around hunting the MXT is hard to beat...

Congrats on the fine ring..

HH

HuntinDog said:
I don't own an Etrac.....
I love my MXT, but it still comes down to running your coil over the target.
I think for all around hunting the MXT is hard to beat...

Congrats on the fine ring..

HH

Well said. "It all comes down to running that coil over the target". One of the easiest lessons of metal detecting for sure !! :thumbup:

CCH

It runs surprisingly well. Some slight falsing but decent depth. I can get it in the water but only about 2" before it starts to false out. Overall I almost prefer it.