Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT Settings For My Situation

Nocanfind

I suffer with chronic back pain and this really limits my hunting time. I hunt alot of soccer fields and sports parks that are littered with trash. I have use several other detectors but the MXT has really put some good finds in my pouch. I cannot dig every signal so I had to come up with a method that would help me find some gold and I tell you the MXT shines in this departmant. I use a 8" excelerator coil and hunt slow. I use the relic mode,trigger forward,disc at 3 and sensitivity at 8 or 9. I only dig solid signals that read 0-18 or 65 and above. I know that this is not for everyone and that I miss some good finds but because of my limited time, and my health, this has put more gold in my pouch than any other detector I have ever used and eliminates most pull tabs. I usually find a hand full of nickles using this method. I really enjoy reading this forum and have picked up a ton of info here. Good luck to all.

I have the same problem--Kaiser said they would have to FUSE my back and I would only be able to bend 90 degrees---Then a new shot came out and they said try it so I did--Had three shots 1 week apart--I was able to go back to work--That was last Dec.--Still working and maybe %1 of the pain that I did have---Shots were CHEEP---$2,200 for (1) shot--Thats right $6,600 dollars for (3) Shots

and there is nothing wrong with it at all, especially considering your health issues, which we hope will abate. Most shallow women's gold rings register from 10 to 18 on the VDI scale, and thus you are doing well to accept such numbers. HH jim

Hey NocanFind.
What a great post! These are really wonderful machines aren't they? My wife took a terrible fall a few years ago when we were out four wheeling in the desert. Several years and 10's of thousands of dollars later we are now somewhat better, but a lot fatter. We have had to abandon all out outdoor activities. Her archery gear is just collecting dust, her ability to get in and out of "Tiny" our lifted, full size, 4WD Bronco is now so restricted that those adventures are no longer happening as well. I have tried to interest here in several other types of outdoor activities and all have failed due mostly to the fact that the "Pain to Gain" ratio was just too far out of balance. And then one day I thought about picking up my long forgotten Metal detecting sport. In a pure leap of faith, in my belief that the Ladies really like finding money, I bought my wife a little ACE 250. It took me a week or two to finally convince her to find time to give it a try. But OH WOW! did she take to it. She is great competition. She is down right scary good at this. She is really wanting an MXT now. Who knows in a year or two her dream may come true. Every time she goes out, the next day she is talking about how she is finding muscles she never knew she still had. But within a day or two she is trying to drag me out again. This is a good thing of course. not only excellent therapy for someone coming from so far behind, but my wife is actually trying to talk me into something I love to do. What some would call a win, win situation here. Years ago I broke my back and also fight some of that pain of which you speak. So I think I might just try your great suggestions.

The only down side of course will be the friendly reminder that is bound to come sooner or latter on this particular thread telling you and me, of all the things we are going to miss by not just setting it in prospector mode and digging everything that even twitches the sensors. As if we weren't already aware that our fortunes will now be surely lost :)

Thanks again for the great post. And as always, to you and all the other supper MDers on this forum, we wish you Luck. Larry