Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT question

cavinkeven

I can buy a White's MXT from a neighbor that was bought about 6 months ago and has only been used about 4 or 5 times. I've seen it, looks brand new other than a little dirt on the coil. He paid $800 for it at a local dealer. I can get it for $600. I am fairly new at detecting and have a Garrett Ace250 which I love. If nothing else could i buy it and put it on ebay and make a little money off of it? Not familiar with the "very slightly used" resale value of the MXT. Thanks for any help. I'd like to have it to keep but I'm not sure I have the money to buy it for myself lol.

I would buy it and sell the Garrett Ace 250.
But if you must sell the MXT you should be able to get close to the $800.00 your friend paid for it
One nice thing about White you can call them and transfer the warranty for no charge
good luck and hope you find a pot of gold one way or the other

Hi, That seems to be a fair price. I bought a used one for my wife, just had a few scratches for just about that price. A new one lists at White's for $799.95. Why would anyone pay $800.00 for a used MXT when they can buy new one for that price. Buy and Keep the MXT it is an awesome detector and save the Ace 250 for a back up. HH Dennis in Idaho

Buy it, Keep it, but don't get any ideas about hunting my neck of the woods with it! :lol: Just kidding, it's an awesome detector and you can hunt anywhere it's allowed. Good Luck.

I won't tell ya what to do, but I have a MXT and my wife has a Garrett 250...I am afraid of not owning the MXT any more as she loves to get her hands on it when we go out.
I see a lot of dust on the ace 250 and the MXT gets a workout and has proved itself a lot of time over....is pretty easy to use too.
Just my Thoughts

My favorite is the MXT. It is so quick to make adjustment to the settings as needed, you don't have to jump through a bunch of menus and computer screens. The crackling threshold is like music to my ears. I feel as though the machine is telling me everything, and it

No matter what forum you go to with that type of question they all have the best detectors out there !! Some drive Fords some drive a Chevy.
I've used whites,garretts,fishers,ect. They all do the samething. None is better then the next I know "been there done that". Go with what you think would be the best fit for you. If you like the ACE then keep it and go dig holes if you think the MXT will be better for what your hunting then go that way. It's all about the man running the detector.

KEEP the 250! Why: The MXT is a fine tool... The ACE is a quality speed shooter. A prospector will use the light simple ACE for common snipes. Short run tests/checks. The Whites MXT will be the tool of choice when thorough cleaning is req. The ACE can be abused and it will still provide quick spots.. Cheaper to loose ect. For your education - USE the MXT for two months without the ACE to simplify. The learning curve takes a long time. The Ace should stay ready for when your without the MXT... Lunch dates... Competition ect.... The MXT is the Sledge HAMMER! The ACE can be the loaner or even a glove compartment test machine. -=Cy