Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT-LXT mode setting

Turfsurfer

I read today that an LXT user used the beach mode in parks saying that it responded better to gold. Does this info relate at all to the MXT?

Do u mean XLT, the MXT ground setting in salt mode might work better if u were in say Arizona,not sure just throwing this out there

used both the XLT and MXT a lot, and side by side, evaluating sample targets as well as naturally lost targets. I NEVER got better inland performance with the XLT using a beach program, or the MXT using that Beach GB setting. I wouldn't expect to unless I was hunting very low-mineral (iron) ground that was rather salty or alkaline and wet.

I'm located just up the road a ways in Hillsboro, Oregon but have hunted a lot of the valley areas and know our ground rather well. Just never felt better performance was achieved hunting that way, especially because such a low GB setting to allow for wet salts would often cause falsing in our bad ground minerals.

Monte