Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT in wet salty sand

Serendipity

I asked this question on the other forum, but now I am asking the ones that use the MXT all the time. Does it do well on wet salty sand?

I had no problems with it on the wet or dry sand around the beaches of San Diego, the MXT does have a salt mode and I think it works very well.:whites::thumbup:

I didn't have any problems with it when detecting the beaches in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. HH to all, Nancy

It worked fine for me on the Texas beaches. Rob

hi nancy,
will be leaving for a western Caribbean cruise this nov. any pointers or suggestions since you been there and done that would be appreciated. did you check your detector or carry it on board with you? thanks and hh

Nancy-IL said:
I didn't have any problems with it when detecting the beaches in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. HH to all, Nancy

Did you meet a jewish/russian/swedish woman Ada there? She is 60 y.o. and into RE/rental business for Americans mostly. Chain smoker. She does not swing though!

No, but we had all the bartender's names down pat! LOL We went with a few good friends from the boat club, so you can only imagine. :buds: HH to all, Nancy

It works great in dry sand but I have never been able to get it stable in the wet salt water sand. You can use a DD coil with no coil cover and make it tolerable.

Tin Nugget said:
It works great in dry sand but I have never been able to get it stable in the wet salt water sand. You can use a DD coil with no coil cover and make it tolerable.

The most accurate response so far. And what the OP will end up with after some trials in practice - buying a PI machine that will be absolutely stable in wet salt sand and salt water. Just because of this reason exactly PI technology was created to begin with.

I used a 6 X 10 DD coil and had no trouble at all in the wet sand. It was very stable I would say more then just tolerable, that's what the 6 X 10 DD was designed for ground with high mineralization like salt beaches.

n/t