Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT IN SALT WATER

I actually am impressed with the MXT on salt beaches. The two best coils are the 6x10DD Eclipse and the 1400 deep scan, I really like the 1400 it goes deep. On dry sand it works excellent just keep it in ground and do not lock the tracking, when you are getting close to the wet sand, the best hunting style would be walking towards the water and you might have to switch it to salt settings at that point so you can give the tracking time to adjust to the changing ground. As you hunt in the water which I don't "I'm afraid of dropping it" you would have to keep the coil under the water otherwise everytime water hits the coil it will give you false signal and the chatter will drive you crazy. This works for me at the beaches I hunt and maybe a lot different for your area, it's all trial and error, just don't make the error of dropping your MXT in salt water :( that happened to my friend with his M6 and he wasn't a happy camper.

I used the MXT at the Texas beaches this winter and it worked well as usual.

In the dry sand I hunted the same as on dry land. It worked well in both relic and C/J mode and I didn't lock the TRAC. Running in the + range was no problem. Since I use a scoop I run little or no disc and dig most signals.

In the wet sand it was pretty much the same. If the MXT wouldn't ground balance or got jumpy I switched to SALT and rebalanced. I hunted to ankle deep.

I used the 6x10 coil. It's better not to hunt parallel to the water because the trac works harder on each swing. I agree with what Pirate John said. Also don't raise your coil above your control box. As the targets get deeper don't rely on the ID. The MXT was getting signals deeper than I could dig with the scoop. Rob

I had been using mine in the dry sand ( Souther California) because i was new to the machine and learning. I went out yesterday and guickly found several nickels and dimes in 5 inches of wetsand with no problem at all. I was using the 6X10 dd coil with in jewelry mode and salt setting with the gain setup to +2 and the disc set at the default. I only searched for 10 minutes in the wet sand but I think Sunday I am going to spend the whole day in it. The MXT works great in dry sand as normal.

PS tried my other coils in the wet sand 950 and 4X6dd the 6X10dd seems best.