Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT, hot rocks and iron

marcoo

Hello all:

I've been researching for over a month now and I don't know what is what anymore.

I do know from what I read the MXT is a great machine and is in my top three choices. That choice is going to be made this week.

I live in gold country with highly mineralized soil. I read where one machine, can't remember which, has a great iron blocker. Is the MXT the one?

I suspect I will be coin shooting most the time with a little gold hunting here and there. Can you reconfirm that the coils are waterproof in fresh water can the box be hip mounted.

If you like your MXT please tell me why. My other choices lean toward coin shooting only, but I think I would really miss the nugget shooting option.

THank you for your time.

Hi marcoo. Welcome to the forum.

I like my MXT. It is noisier than many other machines. It is a very good coinshooter, but it is even better a locating gold jewelry. In fact, it is one of only a few machines that will locate small link gold chains.

Have not used my MXT for nugget hunting. Have read that it does quite well, but not as good as a dedicated nugget hunter.

The included link might give you more insight into a MXT. Be advise there are 4 or 5 pages.

http://www.ighunters.net/tutorials/mxt.htm

Good luck
Bob

I got a MXT as i was told how great they were plus got a E Mail from one of the main field testers on what they were seeing. I am a Minelab Sovereign user and Explorer too, but I had to try the MXT for a back up and one that was easy for the wife to use. I found the MXT to be by far the best Whites I have used, found I had more fun with this detector than I have had for years as it was so easy to use and got depth that was very impressive. I found running in the relic mode help me a lot as only the target i wanted to check out would Be high tones,but had to go by the VDI number for ID as the icon wont read a coin in the relic mode like it will in the coin and jewelry mode.
I added a 4X6 mini shooter and found this detector was awesome in trashy area with depth that I never thought possible with a small coil. I then added the 5X10 DD coil and found this is the coil that is on the MXT 95% of the time as it is a very good coil. I also added the Sun Ray pinpointing probe too to make it even better yet.
Like I say this is the detector for the wife and been offered to sell it several time when people see what it can do, but if I did I don't know of a detector that is so much fun to use and easy to to use to replace it with. My wife feels this is by far the best detector shew has used in her 32 years of detecting.
We don't do any gold hunting, so I can say how well it works for prospecting, but for coin hunting it is great.

Rick