Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT-DFX

daydreamer

I have a mxt now.whitch i think is the best machine i ever used. Just wandering if the DFX is even a better machine. If so why.

What kind of hunting do you do? Do you hunt salt beaches? The DFX is much more versatile as far as programing it for specific types of hunting. As far as it being better, that just depends. I myself am interested in getting another DFX, but I would not get rid of my MXT for a DFX.

The MXT is hard to beat. It's a better detector for prospecting, I feel it's equal as a relic detector and has it's similarities for coin shooting. Although I feel the DFX is better for silver coins especially for identifying them, If you took the time needed to learn the DFX, I don't think any detector comes close to it's abilities for coin shooting. The MXT is still an excellent coin shooter, one of the best out there in my opinion, take the time to learn the faint sounds and the jumping VDI it may mean something good is hiding really deep. Good Luck and HH.

I have a MXT and my hunting buddy has a DFX most of the time i am swinging my MXT before he is even close to being ready to hunt.
I sold my first MXT and had a very sick feeling about doing it.
6 months later and 20 detectors later yes i said 20! .. I got my hands back on a MXT and well NEVER sale it again.. i coin shoot most of the time...but i have found 5 rings in 3 months with my MXT..

Morris
Ocala,FL

The MXT is one of the best machines that White's has ever made, easy to use, great depth, turn-on-and-go. The DFX is a totally different machine that is just as capable as the MXT IF you take the time to learn it and don't mind the programing that is associated with the learning curve. Properly programed, I would use either but for me because of the ease associated with use, :thumbup: to the MXT...
Best to you, Richardntn Backwoods Detector Sales

No, there is no such program. Powerlines are electrical interference not signals. Some detectors are worse than others around powerlines. Some you can work right up to them. Others, you can't get within several hundred feet. If you have one that is more sensitive to electrical interference. You can turn the sensitivity down. That should help some. If not. Use a different machine around them or find you another place to hunt.